SOLVED: Just a reminder ... "Solved"

Henderson, NV

I seem to be having a problem closing a thread, I saw the line, "is this thread finished" before but now I cannot seem to find it. I have refreshed my browser and restarted my IPad but no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks Kurt

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

You might do better with answers to post your question over on the forum called Site Help - or sending a note to admins at Contact Us.

Sidney, OH(Zone 6a)

I just had the same problem. I sent a note via "Contact Us".

Bath, United Kingdom

I've recently had an ID to a post I made but can't find a way to mark the thread as solved. By checking this thread I know I'm supposed to see "At the top and the bottom of a thread you've started is the following line. When you click on the highlighted words, the subject line will be updated.
Quoted:
Is this thread finished? If yes, click here to mark it as solved.

but I don't see this. I use a Mac computer, so is this a PC/Mac issue? I see others are having the same problem. I last used the site over a year ago and don't remember having problems before. A new gremlin maybe.

It is a bug, which has yet to be worked out.

To be of further help, you could note this issue over on the DG Site Updates forum, where bugs are being brought to the attention of the Admins - or use the Contact Us method as mentioned above.

Narva, Estonia

Hello!

I desperately seeking for this CLOSED button, and cannot find it, can someone help me?

johor bahru,, Malaysia

I cant mark my post as "Solved" too.

Abita Springs, LA(Zone 8b)

Used to be easy to do. Now I don't see anywhere to do this.

Ease your nerves. This has been recognized by Admins as a bug to resolve, but it just hasn't been rated as a high priority at this time.

Ludowici, GA

Good Morning Plant Geniuses! I'm trying to mark my thread solved and either I'm having brainfarts this morning or the IPad does not offer this feature....I'm pretty sure it's a brain fart...Ugh!

You are fine. The site is having, well, some gastric distress.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I can't figure out how to mark my thread solved with the new format. I'm sure it's right there but I can't see it.

I would really like to mark my thread as solved, but I don't see the referenced phrase. Here's a screenshot (and hope I don't end up feeling totally stupid):

Never mind, read page 3. As feared, feel stupid. :P

This message was edited Apr 26, 2016 10:39 AM

Thumbnail by miguela44

Don't feel bad. The site is having heavy hiccups, so the button for marking SOLVED or CLOSED is simple absent at present.

When it comes back to life, then it can be applied appropriately.

Douglasville, GA

Thank Goodness I'm not the only one having trouble closing a thread! I am new here, and I was just certain that I was doing something wrong...tried on both my phone and laptop, now I know that it's not me! :)

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I am not getting the option to mark my plant identification threads as solved. I thought I was going crazy trying to find it until I read the directions on this post. I do not get the option at the top or the bottom of the thread. I have tried in chrome and IE browsers. What do I do?

San Diego, CA

How do we mark plant IDs as solved?
I've tried clicking everywhere.

Read a few of the recent posts on this thread. You'll discover that the opportunity to mark plant IDs as solved is currently missing. No sweat.

Round Rock, TX

Hi... I've tried to create a new thread for plant Id help and it is not allowing me to complete my post for posting. Anyone has this problem this evening?

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm guessing the "Solved" is not a high priority. I'll just add a post to my quest as SOLVED. Hopefully one day we can get that option back.

it's always helpful to know which ones are solved so one does not have to spend time checking all the threads.

tijuana, Mexico

I want to mark my thread as solved but I am not getting the top and bottom links for that. So I am unable to mark it, is it related to the new web layout? Is it a bug?

It has been missing for some time, probably broken during a previous upgrade and not high enough priority to repair just yet.

To all who inquired here:

IT'S FIXED!!!

You can now go back to all your ID posts that were reconciled, and mark them CLOSED or SOLVED.

To make it easier to find any you would like to mark, click on your "My Info" tab. There, you will find the option to click on "View the posts you have made." There you will find all the threads you started, and you can more quickly mark what you want.

Good things come to those who wait...

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9a)

Sorry, I'd clean up my solved posts, but do not see a "closed" tab.

San Francisco, CA

No, the halfwits overseeing the site have not fixed anything.
Don't worry about marking your posts.

This message was edited Jun 1, 2017 6:39 PM

Dayton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you so much, that was really helpful considering I am new to the site! I'm excited to get to know everyone & get some helpful tips from the "green thumb" community!🤗🌱

Welcome, DestGlo, from a fellow Ohio River valley gardener.

Lots of helpful folks here - from around the world.

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9a)

If a THREAD is solved, how & where do I click to pronounce it solved? Sorry, I'm just not seeing it.

Yumbo, Colombia

I will mark as "solved" my identification questions answered with both genus and species. Often it is the case that genus is provided but species is not nailed down in which case I leave the inquiry open.

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9a)

I looked & looked. Where exactly does one mark a thread "solved"? I can't find that word anywhere

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.