SOLVED: Just a reminder ... "Solved"

Harrison County, WV(Zone 6a)

I need help - I can't find the 'Is This thread finished' line - I need to clean up some of my stuff - is there a trick to this - I'm embarrassed to say I'm not very computer savy

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Go up to the top of your thread, and just above the first post you'll see a link to mark it as solved.

ecrane3 - all I see is Unwatch Thread - Mark as unread - Print- -Post reply - Skip to New - I went to 'my info' and clicked on (I think) 'threads I've started' and went from there -

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

It should show up right underneath that line, between it and the first post. If you're still not seeing it there, it could be something with your browser, seems to me someone else who was using Internet Explorer 7 was having trouble where they couldn't see that line.

ecrane3 - thanks - maybe I'm not losing my mind after all - I'm using a iMac computer with Safari browser- appreciate your help

ecrane3 - just was able to mark some of mine solved but still having trouble with one - thanks again for your help

Deland, FL

I know I left one open some time ago. Is there a way to search for old posts?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

If you go to your member page you'll see a link to view all the threads you've started, you should find it there.

Sierra Madre, CA

What's happened to the 'Mark as Solved' button? I can't find it anymore.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

If you go into your thread, you should see a link just above your first post.

Wood River, IL

Hi! Don't know if I'm in the right place...it's my first time on here. I'm trying to find out what kind of plant is in my chiropractor's office. Don't have a picture, but it looks like an umbrella plant, but with tiny pink flowers. it also has stems that are absolutely covered with wicked-looking thorns. Can anyone help me?

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

Omakim - You did post in the wrong spot, but not by much. This top listing, which is marked [Sticky] is for general information about the forum. You should have started a new thread (at the bottom of the page)
Euphorbia? AKA Crown of Thorns http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1925/ is very likely what you have described.
Hope you stick around DG, curious people are always welcome.

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

I happened across this thread and realized that I have not marked any of my posts solved. When I tried to do that I do not find a "solved" button, text or anything that allows me to do so? Am I missing something?
Em

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Right above the first post in the thread, you should see a line that says "Is this thread finished? If yes, click here to mark it solved".

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

ecrane3, Thanks for responding. The only thing above the first post is:

"Unwatch Thread - Mark as unread - Print - Post Reply - Skip to New"

Maybe I need to clean my contacts! lol I cant find it.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

It should be right underneath that, between that and the first post. I seem to remember though that there was some browser out there where people were having trouble seeing the line I'm talking about--maybe try using a different browser and I bet you'll see it. I have Internet Explorer version 6 and I know it shows up with that, and I also have Firefox (not the most recent one, but the one before it) and it shows up fine with that one too. I think it might have been IE 7 where people were having problems but I'm not positive.

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

I am using firefox but I will try it with IE and see what happens. I keep going back to one particular thread I had started and looking for it - nope not there. There is nothing between the words I posted above and the first post. Thanks for the info. I'll let you know what happens.
Em.

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

Nope no luck - not with IE or firefox

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Then I don't know what's going on, I know there was one browser where people had trouble but one of the two should have worked. Try looking again next time your restart your computer in case it was a temporary bug, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it--if lots of people start to have trouble then Dave'll have to look into it and see if he can fix it, but if it's just an isolated problem then it's probably not worth investigating.

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

This is only in Plant Identification and only on posts that YOU ORIGINATED.
epb has not started any Plant Identification posts, so there is nothing to find.

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

PotEmUP - thank you so much! I thought I was losing my mind - which isn't hard to do! LOL I was looking at a post I did in Ferns trying to id a plant I had just bought.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh--sorry! I assumed since you had posted your question here in the ID forum that your threads were here!

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

ecrane - no I am the sorry one. I didn't realize that the "solved" issue related only to items posted in the ID forum, and further, didn't realize that there was a ID forum until I found it today. No one told me I had posted my id request in the wrong spot. I'll eventually get it right - I hope! Thanks for all of your info and help ecrane!

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

DG is such a vast and wonderful world, it is easy to get lost. BUT there are friendly helpful people all along the way to help you get back on track. Glad I could help to allay your confusion.
Remember "A waist is a terrible thing to mind!"

Miramar Beach, FL

Can anyone identify this plant? A neighbor left it outside when they moved. I believe it is part of the aloe family, but it grows on a stalk like a dracena. I have never seen a plant like this before.

Thumbnail by roxanne32550
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Roxanne, you will probably get more answers if you start a new thread for your question. If you go back one page to the main forum page, you'll see a link near the top of the page (just underneath all the tabs) that says post a new thread.

Lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

I'm guilty also. Maybe I won't forget in the future because this is a great way to get the name of your plant and fast too. Thanks everyone

Seal Rock, OR

Thanks for the reminder. Where can i see a list of questions/posts that i have made? iIcan't seem to access my "watch" list either (for posts & forums i am watching). I am a newbie but have found such helpful members here....I really appreciate it!

Thumbnail by gringotamale
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

If you go to your member page (either by clicking on your username next to a post, or going to "My Info" at the top of the page), you will see a link there to view all the threads you've started.

guilty too, thanks!!!!!
fernman23

Zwolle, LA(Zone 8a)

What does it mean when they put CLOSED or SOLVED on the post and then still have seeds or plants to trade?I am new to all this but have been a member for awhile and still trying to learn.Thanks a lot
louisiana

Paradise, CA(Zone 9a)

Closed/Solved just means that the identity of the plant has been determined. The discussion can continue, but it just lets other members know that the person who started the thread no longer needs help identifying a plant.

Zwolle, LA(Zone 8a)

Thanks a lot. I will know now it does not mean they are not trading any more.
This is a good forumn
louisiana

Grecia, Alajuela, Costa Rica

Quote from TuttiFrutti :
At the top and the bottom of a thread you've started is the following line. When you click on the highlighted words, the subject line will be updated.

Once you've marked a thread as solved, you'll then see this line at the top and bottom.

Sorry, but I don't seem to find this line you mentioned, so I'm not able to put a thread (other than id) as solved. Thanks for your help.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Most of the forums you can't mark things as solved--only here in the ID forum and a few others like the trading forum.

Grecia, Alajuela, Costa Rica

Thank you so much for your reply!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I would like to add a bit of (clarity) instruction on "solving" your own ID questions.

Below is a screen shot of what one would look for when marking your own post solved. It is at both the top and bottom of the "answers" people have provided.

As a general onlooker - you cannot mark someone else's post as solved - which could be why some people are not seeing the information? Just a thought/possibility.

Hope this provides some assistance.

Thumbnail by minnesippi
Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

closed one out. thanks for the reminder. g

Hamburg, PA

Ok. I can't find where I put the phot for identification. Call me dumb. I can take it. I agree! After al. Anyway I will try again. I got this mysterious plant growing in flower pot this spring and now it looks like it might grow into a tree! But I have no idea what it could be. Please accept my tahnks for your help! Kat

Thumbnail by Ksbradley21
Grants Pass, OR(Zone 8a)

Looks like a tree to me. Some of these folks could probably tell yo which species from your pic. The leaves look like a maple or perhaps sycamore family.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.