SOLVED: Just a reminder ... "Solved"

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Please remember to mark your thread as "Solved" if it has been solved. Thanks sooo much. :o)

Spokane Valley, WA(Zone 5b)

Thank you for the reminder, htop! It's very easy to forget to do that in the excitement of getting a name for our mystery plants. :)

Donna

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

You're welcome. I have forgotten to do it too. :o)

Modi'in, Israel

Yes, thanks for the reminder. I kept telling myself I needed to go back and clean up my ID threads. So that's what I just did. :-) All neat and tidy now :-)

-Julie

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Julie, thanks so much. Hope you and your plants are doing well. We are having a drought in my part of Texas and June and July.have been especially hot, hot, hot

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

i know this is stupid...but what does "sticky" mean? and what does "Bump" mean?

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Not stupid questions at all and it is "smart" of you to ask ... :o) "Sticky" means that the thread always stays at the top of the list of threads in a forum so that people see it first. "Bump" means that someone wants the thread to go back up to the top of the list of threads in a forum so that it does not become lost in the long list of threads. That way it is sure to be seen again. Usually in the Plant Identification Forum, this is done if a plant has not been identified yet.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks you.makes sense

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I was absolutely sure that I had marked as "solved" all such threads. Imagine my surprise when I checked, via "threads started by" me and found I had 4 that had been solved but I did not so indicate.

To those of you who are trying so hard to help everyone, I'm very sorry.

Judy

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Judy, no problem and no need to apologize ... I too have forgotten to mark the thread "solved". Thank you so much for checking

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Im new and dumb...My plant name mystery has been solved...and I went to check out the page...clicked on closed or solved...but I do not see it as being marked solved...is there something or somewhere else I need to mark it solved??
Any help would be deeply appreciated!!
Thanks a bunch!!
Sue

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Sue, I see it marked "Solved" when I go to it. You may be new, but I'm sure you are not dumb. Maybe you are not able to see it marked "Solved" unless you refresh your screen after marking it or you go back to the forum and see if is marked "Solved". Sometimes the change does not take effect immediately. Check to see if it is marked "Solved" now.

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

HTOP....Thanks so much...yep it is marked solved!! I am so very glad I found the DG site!! People here are soooo WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks again so very much!!!
Sue

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Sue, you are quite welcome. We too are glad youi came to visit and are part of our gardening family. :o) If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them.

This message was edited Aug 6, 2005 10:44 PM

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

GREAT!!!! Thanks again so very much!!!!
Sue

Safety Harbor, FL(Zone 9b)

What a good idea. Just had a thread moved from the Foliage forum to here. Would like to get it solved. :)

Please see Clockwise Around the Foliage Dish Garden and help solve it!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

I will try ... :o)

Loveland, CO(Zone 5b)

Alright, I'm getting a little "older" around DG, and have learned not to be afraid to ask questions! Here goes:

My thread has been narrowed down to two possibilities. While I am satisfied that I may never know, it's technically still an unsolved mystery. Should I be marking it solved (mostly this is for future reference). Does solved mean actually solved, or "solved to my satisfaction"? I'm pretty anal, so I lean toward actually solved... what'd ya think DG mentors?

Sarah

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/539131/

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Sarah, I'm pretty anal too, so I lean toward actually solved also.

Loveland, CO(Zone 5b)

Great, thanks!
Sarah

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

How do I make a thread solved?

Thanks Gary

Spokane Valley, WA(Zone 5b)

At the top and the bottom of a thread you've started is the following line. When you click on the highlighted words, the subject line will be updated.

Quoting:
Is this thread finished? If yes, click here to mark it as solved.

Once you've marked a thread as solved, you'll then see this line at the top and bottom.
Quoting:
It looks like you marked this thread as solved... if that is incorrect, click here to mark it as open.

Manhattan Beach, CA(Zone 11)

Hello Dave,
What is to be done when an unfortunate incident, such as loss of life, limb, or computer, prevents a person from marking their post "Solved" when appropriate?

Edited to send copy to the DG Forum for better exposure and visibility.

This message was edited Nov 11, 2005 7:16 PM

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Don't forget to mark 'em solved!!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

I cant believe how fast my question was answered and solved! Thanks DG friends!
(((Eufaula))))

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

It is wonferful that so many DGers are so helpful.

(Zone 1)

Uh Oh! I'm new to DG ... this is day 6 .... and I just realized, I've been posting my "What's this plant" to the wrong place, for trying to find out the ID of some of my plants! From now on I will post here, promise! I'm learning!

Thanks to everyone for such great info!

Lin

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Lin, welcome to Dave's Garden. It took me some time to navigate around when I first joined and I'm still learning new things to do. :o) You may also post photos of plants that you need to identify in the appropriate forums. For example, if you need an ID for an angel trumpet, posting a photo in the Brugmansias Forum might be a good idea because the Brug experts frequent it all of the time and may not visit the Identification Forum.

This message was edited Oct 8, 2006 7:29 PM

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

this is a small thing (even to me), but worth mentioning. in addition to marking an id thread solved, i think it would be a thoughtful gesture to come back to the thread and thank the person who id'ed the plant. most people do, but more and more lately, i find just "solved" and nothing else. i don't know, it just hits me wrong......

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I agree--there are some people (not me...but I know there are some) who spend hours researching to help people figure out what their plants are so a thank you at the end would definitely be nice. I also think if there were several plants brought up as possible matches, the originator of the thread should also make it clear which plant they decided it was in the end--I've seen several threads where there were a few reasonable possibilities suggested and then the thread is marked solved with no indication of which plant they decided it was.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

ecrane3, good suggestion. i have seen that also. you end up wondering which one they picked.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

trackinsand and ecrane, thanks for your comments and suggestions. I hope everyone reads them. :o)

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I read the above instructions on how to close a thread in order to close my first posting on this site. However I do not see the referenced highlighted words,
Is this thread finished? If yes, click here to mark it as solved
I could only edit my comments and thank the person who solved it.
can anyone tell me how to close a thread?............the blonde

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

It shows up at the very top of the thread, not in one of the individual posts which is where you'll see the edit link. So go to your thread and look right at the top of the thread before the posts start, you should find it there.

Aumsville, OR(Zone 8a)

I saw the last reply to this was back in March, so you may not be looking at this anymore, but I thought I would ask anyway. I'm new to the DG forum as well and also think it's pretty cool to get help so quickly from so many people and even to read some of the other threads in here and the replies from all over the world. However, I digress - I'm wondering what the first colume means - the "yes" and "no"? I couldn't find anything I had not filled out.

Thanks.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

is the yes and no in the id forum? it's probably the "is it solved?" part. when you start a thread it will ask you if the mystery plant was id'ed. i think.

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

The yes or no next to the pictures tell you whether there are new posts since you last looked at that thread. It's the same in the other forums too.

Aumsville, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks so much claypa, that's really helpful to know. I don't think I would have ever figured that out on my own.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Just out of curiosity . . . anyone know why some threads end up with two or even three 'solved' tags? Like this:

Quoting:
SOLVED: SOLVED: ID please

Resin

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

I have followed the directions:

At the top and the bottom of a thread you've started is the following line. When you click on the highlighted words, the subject line will be updated.
Quoted:
Is this thread finished? If yes, click here to mark it as solved.

All it does is pop me back to the home page. I have clicked it 4 times now and my thread is still not marked "solved".

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.