MsC has created a monster :)

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL I am now totally in love with AV's. I liked them before, so I bought a couple, but after looking at the site she sent me.... my keyboard is about to short out from drooling..... I could probably almost totally give up outdoor gardening, except my coleus and MG's...... if I can't get my hands on an Emerald City or an Emerald Love I might just fall over from wanting :( Green AV's... who would have thunk it? I have green zennias, jade sunflowers (if they ever bloom) green is my favorite color..... if I had known there were green AV's I would have had them years ago. If I kill them, I'll just get new ones

sigh

Ok, I'm done now :)

Janis

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

ROTFL!

Welcome to the madness! :-) We do have a lot of fun with our plants...

I'm happy to report that my friend BlueKat76 just last week bought an 'Emerald Love' (white double flower with a green edge), and she loves it. She's also willing to share leaves, so while it's not big enough for a major pruning yet she says she'll let me have a leaf or two to start. (tempting singsong tone) When I have plantlets, I'll tra-aade!

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Critterologist, you are my new bestest friend :) *batting eyes* LOL
I'll have to do what I can to keep mine alive and maybe find some more so we can trade :)

Janis

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Frosted Frolic I will never make it to the Z's like this...... I need to get to a nursery or something

boo hoo....

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL!

I finally got my order placed with Rob's Violet Barn this spring, and all my little plants are doing so well now! I've definitely got to plan an expedition to The Violet Gallery (which Bluekat76 found for me)....

I counted up the other day, just out of curiosity. Including recent acquisitions and a few that are just rooted leaves or tiny plantlets, I have 41 different varieties! And yet, I am still browsing those online sites & updating my wish list!

Not to worry, I'm sure we'll find something to trade. I noticed you had a nifty new succulent you posted recently -- and didn't you say it had a couple of babies attached? I also really liked that last coleus picture, the one with the slender, delicate foliage. I have several colors of trailing coleus, although I'm not so much into the large leafed varieties. I like to use the trailers in containers & to border my front bed (only shady spot in the whole yard), and I take cuttings that root in water & overwinter just fine.

Arenzville, IL(Zone 6a)

My emerald love is not white with a green edge. Mine is a gren violet, there is no white, it is very slow in opening to full bloom.
Woofens is this what you are looking for.
Elaine

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Elaine,
This is the picture of Emerald Love I found. http://www.avsa.org/Photographs/EmeraldLoveLrg.jpg#http://../Photographs/EmeraldLoveLrg.jpg#
Do you have a picture of yours? I have just drooled all over all of the green ones I've seen today, online. I never realized that there were green AV's LOL

Thanks so much
Janis

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

Woofens LOL! Ms C made a monster outta me too. Although, I really just had to take off my human mask, because underneath a plant monster was waiting to be created! lol

So...not to stir the pot, but have you seen this one? http://www.violetgallery.com/html%20pics/acasmarie.html

or... this one? http://www.violetgallery.com/html%20pics/ukranianwinter.html
hehehe I love the green ones too!
Susanne

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

I wonder if this is the one Elaine is talking about? http://steverd.com/violets/emerald-lace.jpg

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Critterologist.... the suculent does have a couple babies... they are really tiny, and I have no idea how to take them off or anything LOL butif someone tells me how I"ll be more than willing to try. My biggest problem with that plant right now is I can't remember where I put it!!!!!!! ROLF I must have CRS.
I went to Lowes 2x, first time I managed to leave with out that coleus, the second time I couldn't do it again. I shouldn't have gotten them, they all say they are shade plants and I have NO shade in my yard. I hope to stick them on the north west side of the house and pray :)

I figure I can start ya one of those without much problem :)

Janis

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

ROFL!!! >:-D (best I could do for an evil grin).... another one bites the dust...come on over, AV's are sooo much fun and they never go outta season either...if it's hot out AV's are inside where it's cool and if it's cooooold out they are inside where it's warm.:)
The perfect plant for this fair weather gardener!

I'm so sorry I missed all the fun today...I was out shopping for one of my other addictions.

I love Frosted Frolic, too!

Janis I hope you got some rest lastnight???
Susanne, I know you are gonna love those trailers!

Glad to see a few more addicts added to our forum!

MsC

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Susanne those are both awesome :)

MsC, I did sleep a bit both nights..... My 3 yr old got up Friday night, and didn't feel good so I went to bed with him.
Yesterday we spent most of the afternoon and evening at the ER with him, and today he is still sick :)

So today I am drooling some more..... between cuddling him and other mom stuff :)

Janis

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Well, shoot, I'm sorry. I got the AV names completely mixed up! I think the one my friend picked up is 'Irish Laughter', not 'Emerald Love'. That's what I get for posting without checking...

Here's the link to a picture of 'Irish Laughter' http://www.violetgallery.com/html%20pics/irishlaughter.html

It's very pretty.... :-)

I hope your son will be up & bouncing around again soon, Janis!

BTW, I've managed to grow some of the trailing coleus in full sun (not much shade here either), and they just flourished, so I think some of the newer varieties may be more tolerant of sun... ?

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

drool drool drool drool

That is very pretty :)
hint hint LOL Did ya see the post about losing the silly succulent? I still can't find it :(
I know its here someplace..... unless one of the kids made off with it

I'll find it eventually

I have some rootone coming in tomorrows mail, I'm gonna try to root a couple of these coleus :)

Janis

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Well, since I told you I could get 'Emerald Love' and then couldn't come through, the least I can do is try to start you an 'Irish Laughter', right? :-)

In my experience, coleus will root quickly in nothing more complicated than a cup of water. I'm waiting to hear how some rooted coleus cuttings that I sent out last week traveled in the heat.... I'd be happy to wait for cooler weather for shipping... Should we put together a trade in a couple of months? Or would you rather have leaves to start sooner rather than plantlets later?

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Cooler weather sounds good to me.... we are really rural, so sometimes even priority takes 4-5 days. I also have a trailing coleus, its Lava Rose, I believe. I separated it and its doing well, but I need to try to root a couple of those too. I tried the water rooting, and didn't have much luck, stuck the sily things in the dirt and watered them with Sugarweeds suggestion of hydrogen peroxide+water and they perked right up and rooted in the soil :)

Janis

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I recently got some leaves of Irish Flirt, another green AV. I think I have three leaves going, so it's likely I'll have extra babies... :)

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

So now I have 2 new bestest friends :) LOL
I am gonna buy a "Baby Brian as soon as I can find one. I'll share :)

Janis

Arenzville, IL(Zone 6a)

My emerald love is more green with very little white on inside of petal. I am going to try my luck with my camera tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Elaine

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Good Luck!! LOL I can't wait to see a pic of it :)

Janis

Arenzville, IL(Zone 6a)

the picture Woofens found is my Emerald love.
Would Woofens like a leaf trade with irish laughter and emerald love?

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

I would love that, but my only AV's are no names from walmart..... if that isn't what you want I would be more than happy to send you postage :)

LMK
You can see my "no names" here http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/527314/

Janis

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.