Tropical Storm Dennis (#4)

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ This has both Cindy and Dennis

"July 5 is the earliest date on record for four named storms to have formed in the Atlantic basin, the hurricane center said."

Pati

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Pati.

John, I think the most interesting part, other than the maps, is the "Discussion". This is more detailed, therefore a little harder to understand. Having had a lot of practice in 2004, and now, starting like gang-busters in 2005, I'm beginning to pick up a whole new vocabulary! LOL
Pati

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Wow, FOUR so far! Hang onto your hats, folks!

Pati, I love reading the "Discussions"... last year some of them were very informative, much more than the public advisories.

I also read the "Strike Probabilities" Last year, with Charley, they were giving the strike probability as Port Charlotte during the 3 days they were evacuating Tampa! I must have been the only one reading it.
Pati

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I remeber that Pati,...I thought.....won't it continue going across the state....DUH???? How about next to it???? Not too good planning...

I think we should just plan to get hit and then when we don't. we'll be super happy..

Hap

LOL, Hap...BUT YOU probably have a roof!

I notice that Dennis could impact Florida... first one so far, except some rain/wind in the western panhandle from Cindy.

I noticed that too, Darius. Thought I would just ignore it as long as possible. LOL Of course, as usual we'll get the dirty (wet) side. It's going to be a long, wet summer.

Well, the plants are loving it, if I can just keep them from blowing away! *grin*
Pati

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I, personally, could do without any more rain....Today the sky was pristine and I was out in the sunshine all day....what a blast...Just wish they'd make those 40# bags lighter.....has anyone noticed besides me that they turn out to be about 80# after sitting in the rain?

Oh, my aching back......

No, Hap... the Reality is that turn to 80 # AFTER you turn 60!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Ah, ah, ah.....Darius.....becareful......naw..never mind....I'm too tired to argue....your're right...

Oh, I'm older than you, so watch your maners to your elders....hehehe... Scorpio, eh.....like my DH....
1. You can only cross him ONCE.
2. He will love you forever, fiercely.
3. Mess with him and he will hate you forever, fiercely....

Sound familiar?

nighti nite.

Oh, yes, Hap... I know that syndrome well. Over my lifetime I have discovered that almost ALL of my good and longtime friends are also Scorpios. We either love other fiercely almost without reason, or hate each other usually on sight, LOL.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Keeping my fingers crossed that the most recent 5 day forcast for Dennis is incorrect. That puts me to the east of Dennis and also puts Pensacola in a worse case scenario. I dont mean to be rude, but it aint our turn !!!!!! We still have blue roofs in the area from Ivan.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/090057.shtml?5day

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

This is surreal......it's only 7/6........

Yeah, unreal so early in the season... and they expect Dennis could be a hurricane by later today.

Rylaff, so sorry... FEMA is probably stocking up on more blue tarps as we write!

Hope they save a new one for me!! The color in mine is fading from cobalt blue to baby blue! LOL

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Hope for all new, Pati.....don't want things to clash! LOL

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I was just thinking (yeah i know, scarey) that on all these new condos and houses they are building all over florida maybe they should just put blue tarps on instead of a roof. Would save a lot of money and time.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

We made it through Cindy, now it looks like we may have to gear up for Dennis? Heard today that they are projecting Pensacola westward.
Heading out to wallyworld today to stock up on things that i should have already had.
I cant believe that its only the 6th and we've having this kind of activity. Sure going to be a bumpy summer, lol.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Hi, MSJen....how you B....?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

uggghhhh - looking nasty. Hope it's not Dennis the menace!!

Upgraded at 5PM Let's move over here:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/526772/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.