Louisiana irises: ?someone waiting?

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

My brain is like silly putty. I offered free purple Louisiana irises to someone and can't remember who. I know the amount I offered so if it's you, please email me and let me know where it was so I can review it. Thanks. They're waiting for you, whoever you are!

Edited to say I solved my own puzzle. Now I'm writing to myself: what next?

This message was edited Jul 5, 2005 9:17 PM

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL

Thanks NoH20! Now I have company to witness my approaching insanity.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Pirl, that's funny.

Odd, I just never considered a crowd forming after I solved my puzzle. I was so worried and I still berate myself for my stupidity in not writing everything down.

Anyone else for Louisiana Irises, purple with gold signal? If you want them you better speak up before they come to take me away!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

They're coming to take you away... now where have I heard that before. Oh yeah, DH says it to me all the time. :)

Roni

I once had a friend who used to say about herself that her ex would make her "certifiable".

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

LOL

Yazoo City, MS(Zone 7b)

pirl, I'd love some! are you doing them for postage?
Thanks!
Yvonne .... who has avoided those looking to take me away for years....so I'm still here torturing the world! lol

Sure: please contact me Monday or later. This week we have way too much to do before Saturday's Garden Tour.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Pirl,

Funny lady!!!

Judy

See what happens? If I put them under trading nobody would show up and here I sit mortifying myself and I have a crowd! Did it again last night looking for a color chart and someone found it for me but I'm still getting posts on my question! Duh!

YTRN: I can send you a dozen. Postage just doesn't excite me! Do you have a spider daylily (double fan) or something special? I'm not looking for a one for one trade! I'm actually trying to make a path a lot wider. We figure if we keep making all the paths 2' wider every year pretty soon we'll have 10 plants and no problems!

You can see our house and gardens under Garden Talk: Southold Historical Society Garden Tour, if you're bored.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Pirl,
I would love some. When you come up to see me maybe you can bring some then.
JanetS

Talk about mush for brains! Pins is supposed to come and see me from Decatur. She is going to bring a friend of hers with her and I swear I saw where she was offering iris as well. Sorry...LOL I did take your tour and throughly enjoyed it!

Would still love some of your Iris, but it may be a long ride to deliver them in person...but you certainly would be welcomed to come!

This message was edited Jul 16, 2005 1:56 PM

Janet: is there another pirl? I have no plans for Georgia. Trade?

Centerville, UT(Zone 6a)

Just got back from your tour posting and am completely blown away! Your garden truly shows the love and caring you and your husband have poured into it. Absolutely wonderful!

If you have any spare Louisiana Irises I would sure like some. In trade, I have some Tovara 'Painters Palette' seedlings that I am nurturing. They should be ready to ship in a few weeks. If you're interested, please let me know.

Thumbnail by JoleneS

Jolene - any hosta (small to mini but definitely with gold or geen variegated foliage: no solids) or daylilies (doubles, spiders?) or anything not invasive, not a houseplant, not vining? Just think hard and maybe you'll think of something!! :-))

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Gee, no invasives? And I had PLENTY to offer you! LOL

Wanda: for you anything! No postage, no trades, no minimums, no kidding!

How many do you want?

Hi pirl: it's me, pirl. See, I'm talking to myself now!

I have hundreds of them! I'll gladly send a healthy dozen in trade for some spider daylily (double fan), mini or small hosta that I don't have (and I only have Kabitan, solid green Kabitan and Gold Edger and Golden Tiara - aside from larger ones which I do not need), or tell me what you have too much of and maybe we can work something out.

If you want two dozen, that's fine! They're all bleached, rinsed, cut back and ready to go.

Yazoo City, MS(Zone 7b)

Pirl,
I'm so sorry....I lost track of this thread and forgot about responding to it. I told you they were looking for me to take me away! lol Have I been hiding and didn't know it?!
I think I read in another thread that you found a home for all the iris. If so, that's fine. If not and you would like a crinum lily (white with pink stripe), blooming now, let me know.
Thanks!
Yvonne

Yvone,

Names like Yvone and Yvette always sound so romantic to me: Arlene sounds like an old actress (Arlene Dahl) or Arlene Francis - lucky you!

Believe it or not, I found more of them on the other side of the path but haven't washed or bleached them yet. Let me count the number before you give away something you have. I'll try to leave this machine, when we go deadheading, with your message up here so I won't forget - that's no guarantee. So, if you don't hear from me within two hours, just drop me a HI and I'll respond.

I don't think you've seen our garden tour photos yet! Forums - Garden Talk - Southold Historical Society Garden Tour, etc. and please sign the page with your comments so we'll have it (when I print it out) for all times, to remember the fun we had.

Arlene

Thumbnail by pirl
Yazoo City, MS(Zone 7b)

Arlene is a Classic name, tho!
And people don't have so much trouble spelling it! lol

I'll check out your tour!

Thanks!
Yvonne

We love Quebec and were at a master woodcrafter's place near Ste. Anne de Beaupre and the man was giving a little talk on his work. Atelier Pare was his name (still is) LOL. Anyhow, he mentioned his sister "Arlene". When he was done with the talk I asked him how to pronounce Arlene in French and he said Arlene (like we all say it) and then added, with a twinkle in his eye and a smile on his face:
"But doesn't it sound better in French?". What a nice guy!

YES, I found a bowl of them but never counted them. How many do you want for 3 of your lilies?

Yazoo City, MS(Zone 7b)

Arlene (can you hear the southern version of the French pronunciation?! lol)
Just a few irises would be great! I'm assuming that you were referring to 3 of the crinums?
I'll pack them up first of the week.

Hope the heat isn't too bad up there.
Take care!

Yvonne

I'll split them between you, Yvonne, and Jolene - probably a dozen each if that's enough for you.

Arlene

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

hi pirl--was I on your list? I forgot to be watching.
Diane

Sorry, I think I'm all out. I can go and check in the front. Please send me another dmail in case I misplace my mind. Thanks.

pirl--It's OK. Don't worry about it. Maybe next time you get a bug to toss stuff I'll pay better attention. Thanks anyway.

Yesterday just flew by with phone calls, neighbors coming over, dinner out and today is another day of celebration because my granddaughter's 14th birthday was the day before my whatever birthday!

Jack does the deadheading of the daylilies in that section and all around the front: I get the back. So I'm seldom in that area. I'll try again today to look - I know there must be some I could lift - they are very prolific! Would we be trading for something? I really dislike just doing postage and love getting boxes!

I also have some dark blue Siberian irises! A lot of them! Tons of them! Anyone want to trade? It couldn't be immediate as I have other trades I have to finish up.

Arlene

pirl--I'm just getting myself going and don't have much to trade. I have some perennial seeds, but no named daylilies or hostas or irises. Anything else you are interested in? I'd love the Siberian irises and waiting would be good for me.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2005 10:20 AM

So sorry, but I really want a trade. It took me six hours to dig, clean, cut back, package, mail, etc. and for postage it's just not worth the time and effort. I hope that doesn't sound mean and it's not intended to be that way but I sweated for a day and just ended up with a wider path. I really enjoy having a plant! :-))

I completely understand and it doesn't offend me in the least. That's why I was asking what you would want. All I could remember from your original thread was named hostas, daylilies and irises and I don't have those particular things, except the common ones that you probably already have tons of (Stargazers, Golden Tiara, that sort of thing). Getting things ready is really hard work and I would even go and buy you a plant to trade if I just knew which one!

How does this sound: I'll go to my favorite nursery and look to see what they have so I can make a suggestion.

Better yet, the plants will still be in our garden so wait until your local nurseries start having end of season sales and we'll work it out then!

Is that good for you?

Yes, pirl, that's great! I have no problems with that and the timing is fine for me. I am doing a lot of rearranging and that is really good, in fact. I drove past one nursery today that had a big sign up that said "End of Season--Buy One, Get One Free" but they were closing for the day and I did not have time to run through and see what they had. They usually have pretty good plants there. On Monday I can go see what they have on sale and let you know. Because of the terrible heat we have been having, they may be just dumping stuff that none of us would want. I'll let you know.

Mini hosta but not the Ventusa or either Kabitan or the Japanese Shibu something: I have them. I like variegated green and gold. I do have some small and medium ones.

I'll always love daylilies so check which ones they have, please. I'd like a double fan and something dark. I have Midnight Magic and Double Purple Thrill. I have tons of pinks, yellows, lavenders, near whites, golds, mauve and more. Anything with an eye would interest me except for Pandora's Box - must have thousands of that one!

In return for all of your work I'll dig up a bunch of Louisiana's for you and let you select from Hosta Frances Williams, Blue Moon, Plantaginea (smells so fantastic) or Love Pat.

Arlene

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Arlene,

I'd love some siberian and would be happy to do nursery plants in exchange, especially since you've already offered me daylilies in a couple of weeks. Shall I go to your trade list or do you have something specific in mind?

Leslie

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Hah! I just came back and saw your answer to 1gg. If you'd like to trade with me would the answer be the same?

Leslie

Yes Lamb Chop! Just let me know what you're thinking of before doing anything. It has to be early September and not earlier: way too overwhelmed with the daylily moving.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Daylily world, home (literally) to David Kirchhoff and Mort Morss happens to be in my area. David has already invited me to come out in Sept., so how about daylilies? I'm a newbie with DL, and am really looking forward to the trip. I'd love to shop for you, too. What do you think?

daylilyworld.com/information/contact.htm

This message was edited Jul 31, 2005 8:18 AM

I know they have many beauties. They may be the ones with Fortune's Dearest but that's not cheap!!!!!!! I'll look up Daylily World and see what I find. We can always make our trade for more than LA's, like more daylilies! How does that sound?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.