Blooming away.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Lovely, Lisa!

I love the blue on this vine. awesome!

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

ohhhhhhh i love it.wish i had one!:(

Lantana, FL(Zone 10a)

Aren't they just the most beautiful? A very vigorous grower. I have one potted that I need to trim weekly or else it starts taking over the neighborhood. Such a treat for the blue bloom lover! The foliage is beautiful, and I think the little pea pods are absolutely adorable! Next time I'm planting one of these next to a really, really big fence and giving it a little room to grow.

No problem with insects, either. Once in a while I pick off an odd looking little creature or two but it's never been bothered by mites, aphids, or anything else. That's quite a bonus down here in South Florida.

It does so well that I'm afraid to fertilize it all that often. It might expode out of its pot. ;-D

Do you fertilize yours, and if so, what do you use?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I guess i would grow as an annual here...what is its' "real" name?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Clitoria ternatea. I love it because the leaves are not so big that they cover up the flower and it can grow up something without smothering it.

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

This is one of my favorite vines because the of the intense blue coloration. It really must be seen to be believed! There is a strange aura cast, almost as if you're seeing into the UV range. BTW, if you want a kooky experience, take a look at these with UV blocker sunglasses.
The blooms darken on drying, but no there is no blue pigment to be had on re-hydrating.
raydio (Robert)

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Lilcajunlady, I have a seedling of this vine, I was going to toss it but you're welcome to it for postage.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.