Royston, GA(Zone 7b)

OK...

I don't know if this was coicidence or what.

Yesterday as my husband and I were finishing our deck, he had the sudden inclination to do some laundry (bless his heart). Well he went out to our garage and started up some laundry, and noticed that the water pressure was off badly. (we are on well water) Well he goes to check the faucet at our house and turns on the water. He hears a hiss and jumps back. At his feet was a 3 foot long cottonmouth snake. Coiled up.

He goes and kills it and then walks out to the well. COme to find out our pressure tank was froze up. So we were out of water all night until home depot opened this morning.

Its so odd...if he hadn't of done laundry, he wouldn't have found out the pressure tank was acting up, and if the pressure tank hadn't of acted up he wouldn't have found the snake.

I couldn't help but still be in a good mood since he found the snake and not me or the kids! And also glad he found the well problem before he went back over the road this week!!

(considering the snake was right up against the house, it could have gotten my entire inlaw family as well. They had just been over an hour earlier walking by it to see our deck. =S )

I call that LUCK!

Here is a picture of the snake (old wives tale that if you hang a dead snake from a tree, it will bring rain....and we need it now here)

Thumbnail by Magwar
This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!