Mendy's dahlias

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

My first dahlia bloom.......'Reddy'

Thumbnail by mgh
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

She is a nice little border dahlia and she will bloom her head off. A little harder to keep her deadheaded but very pretty. I only have two dahlias blooming, Smarty Pants and Park Princess.

'Patty Cake' is really trying hard to open all the way. Not the best time of day for a pic, but I couldn't resist.

Thumbnail by mgh
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Hey, Mendy,
I have Patty Cake. Can't wait. Your's looks very pretty.
Carol

Thanks, Carol. Here's 'Pooh'. I really like this one!

Thumbnail by mgh
Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

pooh is such a cutie!

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh, my 'Pooh' is going to open any day now.
Each day a new one is opening for me too.
Fun, huh?
Carol

I thought so too, Robin! :-)

Carol, I know what you mean. I think my neighbors think I'm crazy. Every morning I am out with my camera to see what is new. It's strange bouncing from daylilies to dahlias though, cuz daylilies open so quickly and most dahlias are taking a few days to open all the way.

Here's 'Sweet Dreams'

Thumbnail by mgh

I waited till the wrong time of day to take these photos. Maybe I'll try again in the morning.

I think this one is 'Brian Ray'. The neighborhood cats decided to do some tag rearranging for me.....

Thumbnail by mgh
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Mendy, your last one is not Brian Ray ; probably Worton Blue Streak.

Pooh is a great one and very well liked.
And a prolific reproducer.

Thanks, Joann. Worton Blue Streak is not one that I've ever had though. DARN CATS!!! And I took so much care not to get these tubers mixed up! If I gave you my list of the ones I have, do you think you could figure out which one it might be? I have pictures of all the ones I have, but some of them are really small pics and hard to tell if it's the right one. TIA

I just looked at my list again.....do you think it could be Clint's Climax?

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Hey, Mendy,
What did I tell you? Make a map! hehe
I know all about cats. My 2 cats dig up lots of places.
That is why I want the metal labels. So hopefully the cats can't dig those up!

Go to the Swan Island website, or the dahlia.net site to see pics of your dahlias to compare. Tho Joann seems to know a lot too, so she can correct you and even me.

I love your pics of the dahlias tho. I need to come by and see them in person soon.
Carol

Yes, you do need to come by.....the markers came in today! I won't be home tomorrow or Sunday until the evening time. Let me know when you might come by to get them.

I found a good pic of Clint's Climax on the net. I'm pretty sure that's the one.

Gonzo Grape is really trying to pop open. We need more sun!

Thumbnail by mgh

Reddy is putting on quite a show.

Thumbnail by mgh
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Mendy, I have Worton Blue Streak, are you sure you didn't dig one here? I am not familiar with Clint's Climax; so it is possible that that is what it is after all. Gonzo Grape doesn't look like Gonzo Grape either but then the pix is a little dark. Yes, I could probably tell you the names of the one you got here.Swan Island site would be a huge help just as Carol says.

Nope, WBS is not one I got from you. I bought CC in the co-op that Brenda did. I'll post another pic of GG when it is fully open.

I have gone through several websites and gotten pictures of all the dahlias that I have. I have them saved to a folder in my compter and will change the pic when I get pics of mine. So far the only dahlia that hasn't survived is Firepot.....the neighborhood cats dug it up and I didn't realize it till it was too late.

'Tiffany Lynn'

Thumbnail by mgh

Ok, think I have some better pics now. :-)

Patty Cake

Thumbnail by mgh

Sweet Dreams

Thumbnail by mgh

Pink Gingham (not looking very ginghamy)

Thumbnail by mgh

Gonzo Grape

Thumbnail by mgh

Little Showoff

Thumbnail by mgh

Water Colors (trying hard to open ;-)

Thumbnail by mgh
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Verey pretty, mendy, when did you plant?

Thanks, Joann. Most of these that are blooming now I put in the ground at the beginning of May. I planted a bunch of others about mid June. Those are still only 1 - 2ft tall.

One of my favorites: 'Blackberry Ripples'

This message was edited Jul 21, 2005 5:54 PM

Thumbnail by mgh

I think this one looks very elegant.

'Lauren Michelle'

Thumbnail by mgh

'Gay Princess'

Thumbnail by mgh
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow, that one is really pretty and I don't have it. wink, wink LOL

'Chilson's Pride'

Thumbnail by mgh

'Crazy Legs'

Thumbnail by mgh

Ooops, we posted at the same time! Which one were you talking about, Joann? I'll put you on my trade list! ;-)

Hmmm....after looking at the photos of the dahlias I am "supposed" to have, I think 'Rae Ann's Fun' might be wrong. It is supposed to be a single and the one that I have is clearly NOT a single. Do singles sometimes double? I have no others that are supposed to look like that.

Edited to say: DUH! Upon further inspection I found that it is 'Blackberry Ripples.' Forgot I had that one! LOL

This message was edited Jul 21, 2005 5:56 PM

'Wicky Woo'

Thumbnail by mgh
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Blackberry Ripples, of course and how appropiate for a blackberry farmer's wife to have to don't you think?

It was meant to be, Joann!! Now let's just hope that it multiplies! ;-)

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Mendy - they are all so beautiful. And so many purple ones! Who would have guessed. My Chilson's Pride is just starting to bloom now and I do love it. Thanks for the tour.

You're right, Dorothie. There are a lot of purple ones! I never realized that before........it's probably cuz purple's my favorite color. ;-) A bunch of my dahlias decided to get together for a group shot.

Thumbnail by mgh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.