My first purple/white

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

Got my first datura last year...it was already in a pot. Since then I have traded and started other seeds. This is the only one so far that has bloomed this year. I love it!! but then purple is my favorite color.

Thumbnail by Ginger_H
Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 9a)

Oooooohhh!!! That is absolutely gorgeous.

Dee

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

You can't beat that, can you!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post the picture!

Judy

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

:-)))) It was starting to open when Arlene was lurking out there in the gulf. Not knowing if we would get hit I naturally brought it inside. Had 2 blooms and I *think* 8-10 buds which all dropped off after it went back outside. WAAAAHHHH Guess it took exception to heat outside,AC and back to heat outside! Just now seeing more buds comming. I do have 1 seedpod that looks a bit strange...sorta like a "double" pod....main pod with a bump on it. Strange

Wichita, KS

That is beautiful - what is its name?
I need to add this to my want list for next year!
~Nikki

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

Does anyone know the name of this Datura it is beautiful.

Linda

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Datura metel "double purple"

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

I had it as purple/white swirl,but then I'm new to dats and clueless. LOL

Wichita, KS

It is a beauty, Ginger!

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

Simply devine :) Thats my fav color too, purple :)

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

that sure looks like my datura metel "Black currant swirl", they are lovely, great photo!

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

Thanks....first blooms were triple,second were double. The strange pod split,I have another pod growing and another bud ready to open. I hope the new bloom is a triple.

Laurens, SC(Zone 8a)

Ginger-H You have them outside in full sun and watering plenty, right?? That is what works!! Very LOVELY photo!! Congrats!! Bonnie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.