Farm Safety

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

In a thread titled "a prayer request" I gave the details as I know them about two farm accidents and a logging accident in our town today. One death, two serious injuries occured in 3 unrelated accidents today, two involving tractors. We hear it all the time, farming is a dangerous business, keep all the shields on all the equipment, never leave an tractor running, never get off a tractor with the PTO engaged, but it usually takes a day like today was to make everyone sit up and start paying attention. Please, please, please take all the precaution necessary to keep you alive and well. It's not sissy stuff, it's what needs to be done. The first accident occured when a tractor slipped out of PARK on a hill. It has been doing this for awhile and there were plans to get it fixed after haying. As far as I know, the tractor is still in the gully it rolled into after it rolled over our friend. If something needs to be repaired, don't wait!

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!