Sometimes you have to laugh at the irony of it all.

Royston, GA(Zone 7b)

Just today I had cleared the soil around my mailbox and planted some daylilies around it. Took my time, placed a wall of rocks to hold the soil up and thought to myself "I don't know why I am doing this, as fast as people fly around this curve someone is bound to hit my mailbox".

But alas, I went about planting and humming just as happy as could be with the result. Even trimmed back my purple wintercreeper so that it would take root in the ditch right below the mailbox.

I just came inside from working all day and had sat down to eat. All the sudden "KABLAM". I just closed my eyes and uttered a few choice words...

Of course, I walked outside to see my mailbox turned completely sideways. Holding my head down and still uttering choice words, I noticed my neighbor just pulling into his driveway. (about 7 people live in this little house, grandfather, grandmother, sister, son, sister in law, grandson, and another person that goes in and out) Again I just shook my head, walked out the the mailbox, and saw that they didn't run over the newly planted daylilies. I gave a sigh of relief, turned my mailbox back the way it was supposed to go, and grabbed up the piece of thier car that was sitting in my driveway. (Thank god my girls weren't home, or I would have had a coniption fit)

I walked up there, and asked if everyone was ok. The son (who drives the grandfather who continuously goes into diabeties lapses) has a heart condition, makes him dazed and confused. He was helped out of the car by his wife and he looked like he was lost. I asked and made sure everything was ok, and the grandfather just said that yeah everyone is ok, but your mailbox and my mirror isn't. I handed him the piece of the car (it held the mirror together) and told him that my mailbox was fine. After I made sure that everyone was ok, I walked back down to my yard and walked into my breezeway and just laughed at the irony of it all.

(Note: I was concerned about my neighbors and told them they need to be careful, they could have plowed into a tree in my front yard or worse, my children.) As stressful as this week has been, God handed me a little laughter at the irony of planting those daylilies right there and thinking to myself that my mailbox was going to get hit. Be careful what you think!!

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!