July 1, 2001

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Good Morning,
Hot and Humid. Will have to drink lots of water today. Then the weekly breakfast in town with Hubby's Mom and Grandmother.
Did some shopping yesterday. Whoohoo! got a stock tank. Have been watering my sheep and calves in little black tubs. With the ever burgeoning livestock population around here I was afraid they would run out of water on a hot day. Hubby helped me set it up between fences so it would work for two different pastures and it has a side drink for the shorter animals. I'm tickled pink over it. Also bought 20 more T posts to finish my fence and didn't buy but checked out the animal ear taggers. I really kinda hate it the tags are so big and what I consider ugly. But guess you can see them from a distance. Found it interesting that on the bargain table they had stacks of hog tags for sale. Most hog farmers have gone out of business around here. Some of my good friends that are still raising hogs are trying some different market stategies and doing better. Selling directly to local restaurants, etc..
I'm really stupid when it comes to some stock prices I guess and think I'm paying for a pretty nice animal when I pay $250.00 for a ram. Saw some on the internet for $1400 this morning! Article said something about people that pay $250 for an ordinary ram and look what they get etc... Knocked the wind right outta me.
Catherine, yippee skippee!!!!!. It is just so cool you are moving to the farm full time. Hope you join us for journal EVERY day!!!!! Will there be chickens? Will you be home enough to get that neat green house in full swing this winter? If you're working so hard movin and all I think a trip south would help you relax. Not WAY WAY south , but say, Mid Mo? We could say invite folks over?
I will now go count my blessings on this beautiful day the Lord made.
One of those is a beautiful Grandson that is visiting his GGGrandmother this morning in town. He required lots of prayer this Spring and is doing very well now.

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!