How Do You Fell About No More Co-Ops

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

There is alot of activity on this subject for the past two weeks......How do you all feel about it. Do you think people will not renew membership's, as this and the chat room was one of the benefits for paying a membership fee....

Deann

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I am saddened by it, that a few ruin it for all. I got some nice inexpensive plants on co-ops and I certainly would like to see them continue.

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

ditto -I've had great fun being involved in them - never was in one that went bad! Some of the things I got didn't make it,but that's the chance I was willing to take. Hopefully something can be worked out - it was one of the major reasons I like it here.

Mount Pleasant, MI(Zone 5b)

Sorry to be a bit ignorant, but could one of you explain the co-op procedure. . . And, what went wrong with them?

Nick

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Dave really didn't have a choice.
Too many people were getting ripped off.
This started 2-3 years ago and has been getting worse.

I too hate to see them go; but until a better method is devloped I guess we're out of luck.

Paul

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

heres how i feel :(

Nick it was where lots of us gardeners went together on Plant orders and we got them a whole lot cheaper-we all saved $$$$$$$$$$$$$
and were HAPPPPYY!!!!!!

What went wrong was the organizer would take advantage of the people in the co-op and not come through with their end of the deal.
So people would be out what they had put into the co-op!
(this was rare)

Mount Pleasant, MI(Zone 5b)

ahh... dang.. that sounds fun too.. Don't you all think, and Dave too, that we could trust the members of the Michigan Forum? It seems that with a little extra care, we could be sure we are all dealing with honest and reputable people.

I wish I could have been a part of some.

Nick

Albion, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi everyone,
I have been visiting posts, and thinking about subscribing, but putting it off. It was when I found out today I could no longer view the replies I decided to join. But one of the reasons that I most wanted to join was that I could get involved in coop buying. My sister did that last year and while the timing was bad for delivery, she got a nice variety. I had hoped that a northern one, or even a Region 2 or Michigan one would be a possibility, since we have common conditions. So I am disappointed to find out that is not possible. When and how did it get announced? Are there other changes that have just been made? I would like to know what else has been eliminated. I hope I didn't make the wrong decision in joining. What else do you value about your subscription?

BTW, I am mostly interested in daylilies, my addiction, and other perennials. I live in south central Michigan, and I am trying to figure what would be a great day trip to a daylily farm or display garden. I am thinking about the Holly gardens that have wonderful Munson cultivars and Miss Becky's in Monroe. Any other ideas? I am so glad to see a Michigan garden forum. Hope to get to know you all a little better.
Judy

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Judy
Welcome to Daves garden and the Michigan forum.
You need to hook up with Cindy (Hemlady) she raises daylilies.

Paul

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Judy.......NotMartha is another gal who knows Day Lilys and raises them...

Auburn Hills, MI(Zone 6a)

I loved he co ops and I have never had a problem,, I know other have,, I hope they figure something out,,

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.