What is goin on with my passionflower?

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

I have a couple planted in this pot -- the problem is with the largest one- the new leaves look all crinkly - is it sick?

Thumbnail by mysticwill
Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

https://www.ransomgardens.com/ransomgardens.nsf/pages/passifloradisease

Try this url. You may not like what you read. Which pf is this?
Johanna

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

The fire light - kinda fits but the leaves open funny like that-- so I guess I will pull that one out...there are 3 more in the pot whach all look fine and dandy- just smaller.

I have maypop and crassuela( sp?) in there. This is my first time with passionvines so I have no idea which is which.

Heather

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

The incarnata (native maypop) is the one with the 3 fingered krinkled leaves. caerulea has 5 fingered leaves. Below is an antique lithograph of caerulea. It is a huge vine and strong bloomer when 4 yrs old!
Johanna

Thumbnail by Flicker
Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

It could be mites, whiteflies, aphids, or some other sucking insect. Did you check the back of the leaves? I would just pinch those leaves off, but if you have mites, then use Safer's insecticidal soap and give the back of the leaves a good spray and rub with your fingers. It could also be a reaction to overfertilization. Passifloras generally don't respond well to fertilizers.

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

I haven't fertilized them at all. Haven't seen any bugs -- but I didn't really look, I will check -because of course I have been procrastinating about pulling it

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

i second Clare's thought about sucking insects.... i have some morning glories that were attacked by aphids and the new leaves looked exactly like that. aphids love new growth because of the high nitrogen content and probably attacked those leaves when they were developing, giving it that crinkly appearance when they finally opened up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.