Haymaking

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

The 2nd crop alfalfa and the first cut direct seeding are all done. Chopped the last of the 2nd crop last night, got done in a decent time, even. Spouse put everything away so we're good for the next month. Not a thing to do till then........Bwahahaha.........if you believe THAT!!!!!! We chop and bag everything, all the hay, make corn silage, and put up high moisture corn for the cows in bags too. Spouse takes the sieves out of the combine so most of the cob gets run back through and into the grain tank, so we have that added roughage in there for them. He runs it all through a Peerless roller mill as it goes into the bag. Sure is nice to not have to worry about getting enough days in a row to dry hay enough to bale it. Don't miss lugging those freekin' hay bales around at all. Sure, I'm getting old, but I didn't much like it when I was young, either. LOL

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!