dwarf apple

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

anybody have a good source for buying a dwarf apple tree that I can grow in a 30 gal pot in houston texas

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

I'd check stark brothers. Everything I've ordered from them has done great and they've got a series called colonade (I think) that is specific for container growing yet you get full sized fruit.

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

I found a link to TAMU's recommendations for your area. It was revised in 2003 so really new varieties will not be on this list, but it looks like there only 2 apple trees recommended for your area. You would need both as pollinizers for each other.

I'm nor familiar with nurseries in Houston. Through mail order, Dave Wilson Nursery is one of the largest producers of dward trees. Maybe they can tell you where to get their products locally. We have been talking about Houston nurseries on the Texas Forum. Try asking your question at that forum.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/extension/homefruit/apple/apple.html

bettydee, how is your var. meyer lemon tree doing? I sent you an PM, but don't know if it got thru to you.

thanks all for the input. I will check Dave Wilson.

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

It's put out some new growth. I'll send you a photo as soon as I have a chance to take one.

I am so glad to hear that. Sometimes I'm scared to ask 'cause I don't want to hear the plants died, etc., but curiosity got the best of me. Mine are doing great. My navel orange and ruby red are doing great, but I noticed the little bitty fruit it had put out has fallen. I guess than means no fruit come December, right?

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Afraid so. As bare as the lemon tree was when I received it, the first thing it tried to do was flower. I removed them. I want all the energy to go toward leaves. I'll take a photo of it this afternoon when I go outside to feed our fostercalf. Her mother has plugged up tits. Problem too advanced to deal with.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.