what is happening to my jap. maple

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

bloodgood, planted on north side. watering often. however, edge of leaves are looking "crispy" . what do I need to do?

Denver, CO(Zone 6a)

I'd like to know also!

Very small town in S, Canada

Is it possible that on the north side the soil stays too wet?

it appears that the sprinkler system just wasn't doing the job. So, DH put a hose trickling for hours and the next day we say major improvement. The crispy leaves are there to stay and fall eventually, but the trunk and young leaves are great. Since, I have been running the sprinkler less and doing direct watering w/ a triny trickle for a long time, to get to the roots. I guess this is the kind of attention new/young plants require. established stuff does OK w/ sprinklers, though long exposure can lead to fungus, disease, etc. Boy, could talk about this subject forever

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

Do you use a lawn fertilizer with a broadleaf weed poison? If so, the tree can be picking up some of that and it's making it sick. Do you have a photo of the leaves?

k

nope

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

Mine gets a little crispy on the edges when it's really hot. We're slated for 106 today, with similar temps for the rest of the week. Mine will look like yours by Saturday, but mine is in full sun.

k

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.