daves newest fan

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

so, I turn my back for one minute..

what is his favorite forum?

Wildlife of course!

Thumbnail by justmeLisa
Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

How sweet!! An orphan? I take it that's what the bottle is for or do you have other news for us??

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

hey stacy, how are ya?

yep, it is an orphan. The bottle is for HIM and him alone...lol...

Thumbnail by justmeLisa
Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Lisa, we're doing great...looking forward to the long weekend. We're camping so I hope the weather clears just a little bit. It has been raining every day...Trying to talk Paul into a another camping vacation along the southern coast...and into Louisiana!!

How are you and your sweet family? Staying dry? Sally must be getting big. Gosh, time flies. Bet she loves that baby!

Your little guy is adorable and that picture is just wonderful! How old is he and what's the story behind his being orphaned?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Stac,
I am sooo jealous, we've only managed to take the camper out once last month..and it was a quick getta way.

As far as rain, we've been on the dry side here, actually we are way below our rain totals for the year.

I would love if yall came camping out this way. We have full hook ups at the nursery for a camper(sewage & water). You guys could camp here at the nursery. We installed a seven foot fence here and we pad lock at night. You guys would be snug as a bug! (it is a safe place but we had to protect our stock, henceforth the fence) we are right off future interstate 49 which connects New Orleans to Lafayette. We'd love to have yall.

yes, Sally is getting big. She is almost taller than I am. (which isn't saying much..lol) She will starting 2nd grade this fall. I am still homeschooling her and juggling the business and the critters and so on and so on....

The baby came from a wildlife re-haber who was up to her elbows in baby critters. I am helping her out. She got the coon from a friend of hers whose dog showed up with the baby in HIS mouth! So the little guy is lucky to be alive. He is so much fun and I will miss him terribly when I have to give him back in early August. They will further train him to be a wild coon. I am really attached to the little guy. He makes us laugh so much. I try not to think about him being out in wild looking for food :-( and being a big boy...

I think of you guys often. Maybe we will make it to Port St. Joe this year to get some scalloping done.

Have a great day,
Lisa

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Cool baby, Lisa!!

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

We'd love to visit, in LA or PSJ!! One of these days (soon) I'll send you a Dmail. Ü

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

How's the baby doing? Are you getting way too attached yet? Got more pictures?

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

oh how wonderful Lisa

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Stac, the baby is doing great, he is growing by leaps and bounds. I've gotten way to attached to him. He is so funny! I am so impressed with how smart these animals really are...I will miss him so much when he leaves in few weeks. I try not to think of it..lol.

Here he is saying "CHEESE" as in cheeweez..he loves 'em!

Thumbnail by justmeLisa
Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

here is a close up of that sweet little face.

Thumbnail by justmeLisa
Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

The cheese face :O What a sweet little critter you've been raising !

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

That cheesy grin is hysterical. You can't help laughing at that sweet face.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

oh, to have a coons life..lol..
Mavrick comes to work with me, he sleeps in the funniest positions.
He has all his toys in a big dog kennel/crate and enjoys the air condition...

Stacy, this ones for you...

Thumbnail by justmeLisa

Lisa, those are great pictures. He is sooo cute! Love those expressions.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

The precious sleep of a baby...HA! That's one of the cutest, funniest pictures I've seen in here!! Paul came to see what I was laughing about and got a good chuckle too. Thanks Lisa!!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I just saw this thread. I can't believe how big Maverick's getting! That last picture is beyond wonderful.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

How's your Mavrick doing now? Got new pictures? He's so cute!!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Stacy,
Mavrick is no longer with me. I miss him.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Oh where did he go?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

rose, he died last week. It was a freak accident. He was electrocuted. I took him to vet to try to save him, but he was blinded and paralized.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

(((((Lisa)))))

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

(((Lisa))) you did best you could.... and made his little life quite pleasant.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I know how much you guys loved him. That must have been just terrible. I'm so sorry. :( :(

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

I hate to ask because it brings you pain, but if you could share with us how it happened it may save another life on the board...

Poor little sweetie. I just found this thread, and I am so sorry... (((hug)))

Modi'in, Israel

Lisa, I'm so sorry to read about your little bandit. I know how attached you'd gotten to him and I'm sure you were/are pretty heart broken about it. Big hugs!

-Julie

Lisa, I'm so sorry.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Oh no Lisa so sorry to hear about him and it made me so sad :( and tears :....( well sometime it can happen to anything so you did so well to take care of him when he was baby to fed him a bottle so cute and beautiful so you had good memories about Mavrick and always remember what you took pictures of him so thank you for sharing the photos to showed us so cute and funny and beautiful!
((((HUGS))))

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

((((((lisa))))))

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.