Welcome to the Japanese Maples forum!

By popular request.

dave

Chicago, IL

Thanks!!!
I hope we can all learn from one another.
ho'ard

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Great idea! Thanks to those who pushed for it.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Looking forward to hearing from those who plant Japanese Maples in zone 5 or colder. Please, some pics also.

Imperial Beach, CA

does anyone know where i might see a picture of a -Acer Palmatum " Koto Ito Komachi" ??
i live a couple blocks from the beach south of San Diego and i wonder if a JM would do well
here? I only have a small space for a tree would anyone have any suggestions for a small
JM tree or shrub??
Thank you

Wewoka, OK(Zone 7a)

Thanks Dave!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Smallplants has a photo of 'Koto ito Komachi' http://www.smallplants.com/catalog_a-b.htm and if you Google for the variety name, then choose "Images" you'll see several others, too.

Pssst....aggiesmom, now that things are back to "normal" (giggle) at your house, are you gonna post a picture of your JM baby? It's very pretty!!!

Imperial Beach, CA

thanks Terry i'll go gooogle it.

Wewoka, OK(Zone 7a)

will try to get a pic of my "baby" this evening & try my hand at posting it

West Portsmouth, OH(Zone 6a)

debcooper53. I have a Crimson Queen I planted about 20 years ago. (I'm in Zone 5 in Southern Ohio). We sometimes get winters down to 0 and really severe nights once in awhile to -2 or -3 or colder. Mine is about 4 1/2' to 5' (I measured in several places) and 8' across by 12' the other directions. It's in full sun until about 6:00 in the evening. The ice storm two years ago took out a beautiful limb and made off balance, but an advantitious limb is growing that direction trying to fill in the open space now. It's still a gorgeous tree.

I don't know how to post a picture on the computer yet. Can't find any teenagers around here to teach me.

Alexandria, VA(Zone 7a)

Okay, I now know when to trim my Dwarf Japanese Maple (September for 7a), but I still do not know how to approach the trimming. Suggestions, please.

Chicago, IL

Here's a thread on it:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/529405/
I particularly like the info in the linkin the very first post.
h'

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.