What can be doing this?

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Hi, I've posted about this before, without much luck. I don't know what to do about my poor gazanias being attacked in the night. This could be bunnies. They eat the stem below the bloom, and leave the blooms lying all around (see photo). Any advise? I've tried a product called 'liquid fence' to keep them at bay, but I can't tell if it's working or maybe I'm just not spraying frequently enough. Thank you, Christina

Thumbnail by cnswift
(Zone 8b)

I have the same problem - mine is rabbits and I am trying DIL's cur - chilli pepper sprinkled around their favourite meals!!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Doesn't it just make you want to cry! I picked up 15 heads, and did the same a few weeks ago. 15 seems to be the lucky number, before they get too full. So just regular chili pepper sprinkled around the base? Has it been effective so far? I'll try anything otherwise I'll be replanting. They don't seem to like my african daisys or the geranium, but those gazanias are mighty delectable!

(Zone 8b)

Dil has been using it for two months and the bunnies have gone to the neighbours but haven't bothered her since she started. They were really bad before so it looks as though it really does work.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

ok, I'm sold I'll try it tomorrow morning! Thanks again. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.