Maple and Ash tree seeds

Newburgh, IN(Zone 6a)

My maple and ash trees are prolific. Is there anything I can do to cut down on the seed production? My gutters get full throughout the late summer and fall. I don't want to kill the trees, just stop the seeds.

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Just your gutters? My lawn, flower beds, stone walls, pots and containers, everything has maple seeds growing out of it! If you find out how to stop them you should market it and get rich!

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

You could try cutting limbs off the trees. Fewer places for seeds to grow means fewer seeds? I wish I had an answer to this. I had nine squirrels eating maple tree seeds out of my yard all winter long and I still have had to pull out literally thousands of maple seedlings this year. If nine squirrels can't get rid of them all, I don't know what can. Personally, I'm about ready to live without the trees.

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Install gutter guards -- the expensive, good ones -- and your problems are over. Instant gratification as you watch those nasty old trees try to clog those gutters and fail!

Guy S.

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

I think I need a yard guard - a big giant gutter guard that extends over the entire ceiling of my property!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.