Oh WOW!!

Judy

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

My words exactly!!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Purple today.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Congratulations, Don. You have been waiting a while to get this. They are a great vine, no doubt.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

After the flower turns purple,it only last 2 days before it fell off is this normal or because of the mid 90* heat?

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I never get bloom here till late September almost if I had started from seed in the spring. So by then it is much cooler here and they last. So my guess is you are right about the heat shortening the life of the bloom. But they need that heat to really grow well too.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well we have the heat and they are growing crazy,all over the window screens of the sunroom..

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Lucky you. I am waiting for mine to bloom.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Wow, so pretty. I have seeds, I keep forgetting to plant them!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

After 2 days the flowers turn there heads down and drop off,are they self pollinaters,or do I have to hand pollinate them?
I am not seeing any bees,just the gulf butterflies,that loves the leaves of passion flowers.Haven't see a whole lot of wasps yet either.
Calla,plant them and they will grow!!!!LOL
Maybe if they are fresh seeds!!!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I planted one of these from a 4 inch pot 2 years ago. I had to pull it out that same year. It goes nuts. Took over everything around it. And did it fast. Beware!!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Beautiful! I planted seeds. I kept one and gave one to my friend. Mine is growing gang busters and has a few buds already. I hope they don't fall off.
:) Donna

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Kell,your so right,it has covered the front of my sunroom windows and heading for the roof!!!
But frost will get here,so I'm not going to worry to much!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I had one, and it died with all of the rain, don't understand why, except maybe snails got to it before I got to them!!! :( . Those are beautiful blooms, waaahhhhh, maybe I will grow one next year, or this fall, anyone growing them down here in the south--Texas???

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

rose_petalzz-
siggy grew some near Dallas, TX:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/488264/
-T

This message was edited Jul 19, 2005 10:19 AM

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

I tried this last year and they never bloomed. I kept them in the house during the winter but it died. From what I read on the other thread I watered it too much.
I am trying Royal Plum this year.
Are you going to overwinter it? You are in the same zone that I am in. Linda

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I haven't quite decided if I will or not,room is very precious during the wintertime,I have so many plants,and I've not heard anyone saying anything favorable about overwintering,and the sucess with the plant the next spring.
I'm really enjoying it very much this year,but if I get seeds,which for some reason I don't see any after several blooms,don't know why either,plenty of bees nd wasps to pollinate them,think will start from seed again in february.
Please let me know if you decide if you will.
Thanks
Don

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.