Belle Blanche getting ready

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

This will be my second Datura to bloom this year, my first as usual are the tatula's

~Laurrie

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Laurrie,

Did you take a picture of the bloom to post for us?

Judy

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL yes I did, sorry I haven't been online for awhile. Will grab the camera now, it's downstairs waiting for me to unload it.

Editing to add that I Belle Blanche is d. metel

This message was edited Aug 5, 2005 12:47 PM

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

What a nice shape she has!!! How many Daturas do you have now?

Judy

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

hmmmmmmmm blooming - none :( - one about to bloom perhaps tonight, the others are still very small. I had put out alot of mine for winter sowing and lost alot due to the flood, so no clue where they may pop up, I am finding d. wrightii's coming up here and there, but under 6 inches yet, so i have to be patient this year.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I read all about your flood, so sorry for all the damage.

Please post us pictures when they bloom.

Judy

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

I will happily post pictures later, I am just so thrilled to have these to photograph LOL, So much more came back from the flood than I ever imagined! I thought for sure all the new bulbs I put in this past fall would rot before the water went back down, but most all that I remember planting have bloomed!!

Here is datura toolache (d. innoxia), it was open last night, the scent on this is.... I guess I would have to call it sweet, very very nice.

This message was edited Aug 5, 2005 12:48 PM

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Note to self: self LOL
Belle Blanche is planted now at work for all of our guests to see, doing nicely and forming new buds as well as pods.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

So give, where is work and who are the guests!!!

Judy

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL I work in Walnut Creek, OH - called Oak Ridge Inn, the guests come from everywhere to Amish country and I do so enjoy all the guests as well as the great people I work with. :)

Laurens, SC(Zone 8a)

OhioBreezy--Can I get some seeds from your Belle Blanche when you have them?? Bet that is LOVELY!! Is it single, double, triple blossom?? Thanks!!

Bonnie

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Yes you sure can Bonnie, when they ripen, this plant is at my workplace planted outside the entrance door, will keep my eye on the pods and post in seed trader forum when they are ready :)

Dmail me so I remember you asked first!!!!!

They are all single blooms so far.

Laurrie

Laurens, SC(Zone 8a)

OhioBreezy--are the seeds ready yet??? Please don't forget me! hehehe The Black Currant Swirls you gave me have seed pods now-3 getting kind of big and one small just getting started sooooo...guess I will be overrun with seeds for them soon! hehehe Bonnie

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

yes they are ripening now, I am off until monday so will check then :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.