Pickling Cukes

Harper, TX(Zone 8a)

I have some pickling cucumbers and they are turning into globes and turn yellow. Does any one know what the problem could be. I have straight 8's right next to them and they are doing great.
Last year the problem was just the opposite. Good pickling and no straight 8's. Thanks for input Txsdar

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hmmm. That's what mine do at the end of the season, or if I leave them on the vine too long.... ripe cucumbers turn yellow, and the skin gets hard when the seeds mature... maybe this variety should be picked sooner than you think?

Maybe somebody will have a better answer if I just bump this back up to the top....

Good luck figuring it out!

San Jacinto County, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey txsdar;
"I have some pickling cucumbers and they are turning into globes and turn yellow. Does any one know what the problem could be. I have straight 8's right next to them and they are doing great.
Last year the problem was just the opposite. Good pickling and no straight 8's. Thanks for input Txsdar"
-
Gosh!
critterologist sho nuff be right!
-
Malformed, yellow, misshapen, globes, lol haha, gotta go!
If you leave a cucumber on tha vine after its time the plant thinks it done its job.
Stops producing!

The pic shows 8's and pickling. I pick 28-30 pounds every other day.
They are now up to the top of tha string.

I have sand and it requires water and more water.
Even with blooms and tha leaves arn't wilting you have to go with what tha cukes tell ya.
If its a glob, give it a drink!
-
Happy days

Thumbnail by heycharlie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.