My first mini!

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

I had no idea they were so small! Its just so cute. My puppy is eyeing it like...'that looks like something I can pick on my own size.' I'm having to keep a good eye on him for now.
I bought this for myself on my birthday...I just love it! Yall are a bad influence, I do not need any more addictions! ;)

Thumbnail by art_n_garden
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Adorable! I wonder what color the blooms will be.... :-)

If this has started you down another slippery slope, you must visit www.robsviolet.com and check out Rob's collection of mini violets!

nnoooooooooo I've been there...and hid my cc from myself. I'm still looking for it ;) lol!

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

That's a cutie! You are gonna be in big trouble...those lil rascals are very addictive :-)
The nice thing about the minis is that you can have twice as many and in all kinds of places the bigger ones won't fit...

I know, i know- I'm no help...but I can help a lil...

I can send you more AV mini-leaves!!! At least til you find your CC...

MsC

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

that mini is tooo precious looking..where do you find those at...I have a hard time finding the regular size ones around here let alone a mini

Char :o)

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

My first minis! My Mom had a plant that was getting VERY old and going downhill (it actually looked like one of those "waterfall" bonzai plants that hang out of and below the pot! LOL). I took leaves and am growing some babies....one for Mom, one for me and the rest for friends. You can barely see the new growth coming....they're still very small!

Karen :~D

Thumbnail by Kachinagirl
The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Those mini's look great!
Good idea using the water well for them.

MsC

You're right, I am in big trouble MsC! I can't wait to see what color the blooms are too! I'd love to trade some leaves or send you postage for mini leaves! That might stave off the attack for a while...lol And I like your justification...twice as many in the places big ones won't fit! I've been waiting for an excuse to get twice as many plants. lol

Char I got mine at Lowes of all places. I want to say that it was only like 2 dollars. This whole town usually has a poor selection of av's too- I was surprised to find them!

Karen those are looking great!! Here's a picture of the ones I'm starting, but they're just normal not mini.

Thumbnail by art_n_garden
Clermont County, OH(Zone 6a)

Now that's funny because I picked up 3 from Lowe's the other day. I was going to post about them and pictures once the scanner is back up and running. I was suprised they had them when I went in the other day. The lady working around the plnats told me they just got them in the other day and only a few of the Lowe's around here have them.

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

Thanks MrsC & Art. And you're right, they are hard to find, but once you do.....you simply must have one of each color! LOL They are very addicting! Just like puppies and kittens.....they're so CUTE!

K :~D

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

they are darling. I just got one saturday for 25 cents, nothing wrong w/ it. Also, I cut leaves from my only other mini and started rooting. Soon enough I'll have a lot of minis.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I love minis. Last summer I wanted some AV leaves, and I "won" a bunch of mini leaves from an eBay auction. Now minis are my favorite, and they do take up less room than standards! Soon I'll have another round for trading... :)

Thats a great price vossner! I think my general rule is...if I see any plant for under a dollar, it is going home with me. lol! This is so addicting isn't it? I find that the plants I am most addicted to/fascinated with are those that I can easily propagate. ie, av's, brugmansia and epiphyllum, oh and vines because they're so easy from seed.

Dana I'd love to see your booty from the ebay auction! I have been looking around a lot recentlythere but have a hard time being at the right place at the right time to win auctions. Not that I need another outlet for spending money on plants....lol. I would love to see pictures of yall's mini's too!! Susanne

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

So far only one of my minis has bloomed-- the Rob's Heat Wave-- and I posted a picture of it on a thread called "First Blooms!!" I have another that I'm watching for buds to appear. I should take a picture of the group of them anyway. The minis sure are cute and delicate-looking (lucky for me they're not that delicate in reality, but that's our little secret!). I'll let you know once they're big enough to take some leaves. I have some great named varieties and I'm willing to share! :)

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Danak..please keep my in mind when your ready to share

Thanks,

Char :o)

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

You bet! I think it's a matter of when my plants are ready to share. Some of them are gettign close... I'll let you all know. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.