Trumpet Vine Question

SE Arky, United States(Zone 8a)

I planted a Trumpet Vine last year and it did not bloom. It has not bloomed this year either. The foliage is beautiful. The flower is supposed to be orange-ish What is wrong?? Thank you in advance!!!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

They like good warm/hot weather, plenty of sunshine. Should bloom for you mid Summer I would think.

Marc

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Needs lots of sun

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I remember when I first planted mine it took a few years before I started to see bloom. So maybe part of the answer to your question is age. It just needs to get a little more mature; older. But once it begins to bloom it will be very consistent; at least that has been my experience. I planted a yellow last fall and don't expect bloom for at least two years.

Have patience, Joann

SE Arky, United States(Zone 8a)

Well, thanks to all of you, I was about to dig it up!! The foliage is great, looks like a poison ivy bush, but I'll wait, especially since all of you are in zone 8b, your weather should be at least similar to mine. You know, it would help if they mentioned that on the tag. OTOH, my wisteria said it might not bloom the first year, but it did. I appreciate your posts!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.