I've got little broccoli heads!

Brooklyn, NY

And I am so proud! I feel like a new mom :)

Thumbnail by MoGee
Haines Falls, NY(Zone 4b)

We're neighbors!! (I live in brooklyn in the winter) what a healthy looking plant.:) I have a small garden in brooklyn, but I only grow heat-loving plants in the summer, how did you do it?
Zelda

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

My lord, MoGee, get to a doctor immediately!

Ah, you mean in the garden. I see. Congratulations! Very cute little broccoli head.

Brooklyn, NY

Hi Zelda Neighbor!

Where in Brooklyn? I'm in Dyker Heights.

This is my first year doing broccoli and prepared for them the same way I do all my veggies; turning the soil and mixing in some cow manure. I also have them in a shaded part of the yard, it gets some morning sun and then just about none in the afternoon. I also have a feeling our kind of coolish spring helped things out!

Brooklyn, NY

LOL Zeppy! Actually maybe I should get MY head examined for getting so excited over broccoli.....nah!

Haines Falls, NY(Zone 4b)

Sounds like a good method for growing them to me. We really did have a late spring... April was freezing. I hate how in Brooklyn the weather goes from really cold to really hot with nearly no spring between. I live in Brooklyn Heights, Mogee. I would not have thought there would be many gardeners in brooklyn. You must be really devoted. The heat, pollution, and bad soil defeated me long ago. Your lucky, with the position of the sun. Our only tree is too small to give much shade. MoGee, good luck with that broccoli, and the rest of your garden, too!! :-)
Zelda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.