Nemesia 'Masquerade'

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

The flowers are small, but beautiful and unusual (in my opinion!). The seeds were planted indoors on 4/13 and the flowers just started opening up outdoors. They supposedly have a coconut scent, but I can't pick it up.

Erick

Thumbnail by ErickMN
Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

How did they do coming from seed Erick? I am thinking about these for next year.

James

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Hello James.

I found them very easy to grow from seed indoors. The seeds and newly sprouted plants are TINY, but I didn't lose any and they did just fine. Now the plants outside are covered with flowers. I highly recommend them for something new and kinda funky to grow!

Erick

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

These are funky as you say, rather unusual shape you don't see unless you look at the enlargement. Where do you like to get seed, Erick?

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

I know that Parks has these available. They WILL be in my cottage nexy year! Thanks Erick. Any scent to them yet?

James

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

That's exactly where I got them from. I saw them in the Parks seed catalog and couldn't resist giving them a try. While the plants are rather short - less than a foot tall - they look very striking when a bunch of them are planted together. Despite repeated attempts, I can't pick up any scent to them at all. I'm somewhat suprised, as Parks describes them as "filling the air with sweet coconut scent!". That would be quite the feat for such little flowers.

Erick

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.