Finally.......Red!

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Other than the purples, yellows, whites, oranges, multicolors, and every other dahlia...Red is our favorite...lol. Just opened up enough today for a photo op.

Hope everyone is well,
Don

Thumbnail by drdon
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Don, is this the manure working? I don't know how your dahlias get so big so fast.

Beautiful!

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya doss,

Great to see you!

I'm not sure if it's the composted horse poop, what the worms do with the horse poop, or my own bull....poop...lol. But they love it here.

I was so happy and excited to see your first blooms...FABULOUS!

best to you and I really do wish you could come to the roundup here this weekend to see the dahlias and give me advice on my peonies in person. Alas, I've got to act like I know what I'm doing with dahlias...lol...NOT!

be well,
Don

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Don,
You're doing better than the rest of us Don - I wish I could travel and be there too. You'll just have to post some good photos and I'll be with you in thoughts. I'd love to meet those dogs - and the poop producers too. :-)

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

That's very sweet of you,

The poop producers aren't going anywhere, nor are the canine terror sqaud..lol.

Anytime you find yourself down here you are welcome with balloons and a big sign saying 'Did you bring Doggie Treats'...lol

Hope your weather today is more bearable than ours.

best to you,
Don

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Our weather is great - but it doesn't grow Dahlias fast. I do love to bring doggie treats. I'm looking forward to more of your dahlias. I'm glad that you're putting all of that space to good use. I'm cramming things in!

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Hiya doss,

I'm just so jazzed that you guys requested this forum and I'm a die-hard dahlia lover. So few plants actually thrive in this rather hostile zone, so I'm excited to see how they do in places where the weather doesn't go directly from winter frost to summer scorch...lol.

We'll have to do that Dahlia imperialis thing soon as the ones here have already passed 7 feet. I think this may be an early year for them and am expecting buds to start showing in late July. They are just too big now for that not to happen unless the neighbor's gophers get them...lol.

always,
Don

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

It will be fascinating to see. My tree Dahlia is at least that tall and it's much stronger than last year, which was it's first year in the ground. I didn't have flowers last year until October.

Have you seen the thread about hot weather Dahlias? It should be fun.

I have to say that I have had more response from the PF photos on Bumble Rumble than I have ever had on anything I've posted there. Clearly, a Dahlia forum is the way to go!

Dorothie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.