Wonderful Pot!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I think this would be just dandy in MY garden if only I could afford it. I can "see" it as a water feature with the water flowing slowly over all 4 sides... It's about 4 feet tall.

Thumbnail by darius
Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

Oooh gorgeous! Love the color and the shape.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

I saw your post on the other thread, and I think the idea of a water feature is perfect! Where in the world did you find this? It's so unusual and the color is to die for!!
Pati

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

ahhhh, very pretty! And as this is the year of "blue pots" at my house, I could sure see it in my garden. But I only buy ceramics when I can find them at a good price or on sale.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Splendid blue pot! Yes, a 'water feature'! I can see it, especially today when it must be 95 degrees out!

LOL, this is not destined to be MY pot, although I don't even know the price. It's at friend's garden/patio store, and pots half that size are $150!

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

GULP! *sigh*
Pati

yikes!! I'm taking more ceramics classes next semester...I'm taking notes!!!

Suzanne, there is a real dearth of good glazed ceramic pots, esp. big ones. The Italian pots are good quality, but much of what we see here in the states that's affordable is the cheaper-made Mexican clay pots. (There are good Mexican pots, we just see the cheap ones in stores, esp. the big box stores.)

Cheap pots often look good, they just do not hold up. That pot is from China, and I don't know about quality yet. My good friend has one (smaller and under $100) that's been on his deck 2 years now but I think it has an Epi in it so it comes inside for winter. Frankly if I ever pay that much for a pot, it WILL come in for winter!

Here's another my friend has for sale, 22" tall, 13 x 13 square, $130.

Thumbnail by darius

I just spoke with my friend, the shop owner. That tall blue pot is $425.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Would make an excellent fountain!!! Very pretty!

8=O

(thats my eyes bugging and my jaw dropping) I would plant myself in that pot for that much ! lol :)

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Me too! It's stunning! I bought a very small blue pot -- not as bright as the one above -- but I loved it. There were several different sizes available, but I could only afford the smallest one. I put a streptocarpella in it.

Thumbnail by revclaus

Can't find the right photo of the pot. If I had a large one, I'd make the water feature out of it, but too many $$$. :-(

Oh thats gorgeous, I love it! It has great color variation. Your streptocarpella has such big, pretty leaves - makes me think mine isnt happy with where I have it.

Lobelia, bigger now. This is from mid-June. I plant one of these every year.

Thumbnail by revclaus

Sorry, posted the lobelia to the wrong forum! I knew I should have gone to bed sooner last night. :-)

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi folks this looks like the pots I have in my yard and they are from Vietnam and I got then through a company in Vancouver Canada called Nordel Trading. They come in a few different colors and sizes.
The one shown is called a Tall Drunken Square and I think it is about 95 dollers wholesale plus shipping and taxes.. They are a quality pot as mine have lasted a -35 winter outside with only a plastic bag over the top to keep out any moisture. They are fully glazed on the outside and I know they have been fired twice with once being the glazing process. The Tall one is around 36 inches tall. I use the packing peanuts in the bottom ,to reduce the weight ,prior to adding landscape cloth and then soil.
They are beautifull and I love mine I highly recomend them and I too think a water feature would be a great use to try. I will post photo's as soon as I buy a digital camera.
Talk to you soon.
Ann

Thanks, Ann... and Welcome to DG!

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

Revclaus, that is one gorgeous lobelia, wrong thread or not!

Darius, I have seen that pot offered somewhere online. If I can find it again, I'll post a link.
....Pen

Thanks, Pen.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.