Changing location

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

Is it wise to move a flower that has unopened flower buds, but is in an undesirable place (it's a hardy annual)? Also, I planted some glads and lilies and some didn't come up, so now the spacing is off. They haven't yet formed flower buds. Can I move them to make it look less haphazard? Tamara

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Some can be a little persnickity but most plants are very forgiving. What is it that you want to move?

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

I want to repot the wisteria (it's only about 6-7" high) and the daisies that are around it (I filled up the pot last year with soil from the garden, and, of course, it does not drain well). I want to take out those plants, replace the container with potting soil, and put them back. The glad and asiatic lilies are in my garden. Should I just let them bloom where they are and move them at the end of the season?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oh, no problem! Take the plants out without removing the soil right around the roots and pot up. If you're a little apprehensive about it, you could wait til right after the daisies bloom but they should be OK.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.