Feeling good on a Saturday!

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

Today has been a great day! I got four new plants in the ground and dug up my ferns which weren't doing good and replaced the soil with a better mix. It may be a matter of too much sun rather than poor soil, but these ferns are supposed to like some sun. Ah well, if they expire then I'll just plant something else. I suppose as newbie to gardening I'm expected to kill a few things and two plants were declared dead today. My fan flower has completely disappeared, but I think I know why - when the mailman came by today he stepped right where the flower was supposed to be. I wondered why it kept looking smashed and was blaming it on the cats. I'm going to replace it with something in a big pot - maybe he'll stub his toe on it :) One periwinkle was toast and since I'm not sure if it was disease or cats, I planted a pentas there instead in case it was disease. My flowering tobacco has graced me with some new buds and there's new growth on my phlox so I'm just grinning from ear to ear today! It was so nice to feel good on a Saturday and have the whole day to work in the garden.

Highland, CA(Zone 9a)

theres nothing like a message of well being to make me smile.thanks.
isnt it something that something like tobacco has flowers that smell so good??

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

Flowering tobacco is a wonderful plant that I had never heard of before I joined DG. Finding this site has opened up a whole new world of gardening to me. I was only familiar with the plants you find in the chain stores - pretty boring and I was only mildly interested until I found this site - now I'm hooked! Which is good because gardening has turned out to be excellent therapy for me. I'm supposed to exercise a bit each day to help my arthritis, but it was so easy to blow off that walk or swim if I wasn't feeling good. Now I find that I'm taking advantage of any chance I get to do something in the garden even if it's nothing more than hobbling around to take a look at my plants - maybe I'll find some seeds! My doctor is going to be tickled pink when he finds out I've been doing some level of physical activity every day no matter how bad I feel.

Knoxville, TN

You GO!!!!!!!!!One small step!~!!!!!!!!!!
I will keep prayin for you.Let me know how you do!!!!!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.