Irises for Trade

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Rescinding this offer due to lack of interest and personal issues needing dealt with. I may or may not offer it again later in the summer.

I have 5 packages of 5 irises each of irises who have long been separated from the names, aka NOIDS, that I must depart with. Some of are classic form while others are way historic looking. I have some that lean to orange, purple, pinks, tans, dark burgundy/purples, light blues, and whites. SDBs, IBs, TBs, BBs, and MTBs are included in this count. Some may rebloom if you live far enough South.

Again, I will send out packages of mystery/surprise iris to you in counts of 5 (This is the small USPS Priority box). They will be marked with the class/color only no names or clues as to identity.

I am an honest trader and once a deal is struck, it goes down quick. I will be digging today.
Let the trading begin.

Roni

This message was edited Jun 23, 2005 4:47 PM

This message was edited Jun 26, 2005 11:27 AM

Concord, NH(Zone 5a)

I have 5 fans of TB purple that I don't know the name of. Would that work? Thanks

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Hi,
I have five of these unkown name to trade.
TIA
Winnie

Thumbnail by winnietn
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Nanners & Winnie -- I guess I've learned something already about trading. I need to be more clear in my original trade post. I am trying to get away from the unknown irises and daylillies. I am hoping to acquire other types of plants that can become the basis of new addictions :o), to compliment my named irises.

Roni

This message was edited Jun 21, 2005 2:05 PM

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Does siberian iris interest you?...or sedum, coreopsis or colorful achillea?

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

What plants are you interested in?
Winnie

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Are you interested in named Siberian iris?

Maxine

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Mudgirl -- sending you dave mail
Nanners, Winnie & Maxine -- I tried checking your journals or trade lists but you didn't have any. I really could use dwarf varieties of shade plants that are not invasive and/or dahlias and yes I'll consider named siberians.

Roni

----------------- Edited to add these plant ideas

Balloon Flower, Sea Holly, Delphiniums, Shasta Daisy "silver princess", painted/english daisy, japanese painted fern, daisy type mums (not pom-pom type), small hostas. I will add these to my want list.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2005 8:17 AM

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Here's some of what your box may include (but not necessarily)

White SDB

Thumbnail by Elizabethtown
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

MTB yellow/red/brown quite possibly Honoribile.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Pink TB

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

yellow over white fall with red/maroon edge -- most likely Broadway but who can tell with so many imposters.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Shades of Purple blended together make this TB a joy to have but alas can't find a for sure name. It was once thought to be Evening Mist.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

shannopin maybe? its a stretch but again who can tell for sure so you get the benefit of a maybe.

Concord, NH(Zone 5a)

They are beautiful.! I guess I will have to pass unless you want some coral bells after they are done blooming. :(

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

I will pass due to health issues now.
Thanks for the offer, though.

Maxine

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Maxine -- take care of yourself and enjoy your garden. Let me know when you are feeling better and we'll see what's available.

Roni

--------------------------

It rained over night here and as the rain moved in a little earlier than I expected, all the irises I dug yesterday are now wet. They will need time to dry again before I can ship them or they will get moldy. So you've still got time to contact me.

Here's another one that you could receive a rhizome from.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2005 7:55 AM

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

OFFER REMOVED due to personal reasons and lack of interest.

Sincerely regretful trades could not be established.

Roni

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.