Help Needed with Paint Color Choice

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

I've found the best new place in the world to move to. I've lived in Laguna Beach in the same old house in the upstairs front apartment on the water for 19 years. I love the house so much but the new owners will be tearing it down before long (as soon as they get permission from the city) and I want to be long gone by then. So my dream was for a house with land to garden, a fireplace, a bathtub (I've missed a bathtub so much!) and quiet and privacy (after living in tourist central). I took a trip up to Cambria a few weeks ago and fell madly in love with this place. I'll be moving between now and August 1, as I can. I had already commited to covering for vacations through June and July so it's going to be hectic trying to work 7 days a week and moving, but I couldn't pass the place up. It's pure heaven for gardening. Nearly a 1/2 acre and already with much love put into the landscaping. Anyway, the only problems I have with the house are a couple of rooms that have horrible colors for me. Remember, this is a rental so I have to make a choice that the owner will find agreeable. Here's the kitchen, which is just spectacular, with bay windows looking over the yard and native Cambrian pine counters. But the purple/blue cabinets are a horrible color for my stuff. I have all 30s-40s vintage kitchen things, with an emphysis on old Mexico and a fair-sized cherry collection too. What color do you think the owner would approve?

Thumbnail by stellapathic
This thread has 47 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!