I have an order coming,need advice...

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

I ordered these over a month ago and just got an e-mail that they will be shipped next week.
Is it to late for me to plant them? Are they going to be alright?
This is what I ordered.
ERCOLANO~WHITE FLOWER LA HYBRID LILY~... 5 $7.99
RED PLANET~LA HYBRID LILY FLOWER~5 $7.99
BLACK BEAUTY~TALL EASY RED GARDEN LIL... 5 $13.99
REGALE ALBUM~FRAGRANT WHITE TRUMPET L... 5 $13.99
Lily DIZZY Fragrant Red White Flo... 5 $7.99
JAPANESE IRIS PLANTS~ PURPLE BLUE... 3 $8.97
Lily Pink Red Purple Gold Flower ... 30 smaller bulbs $10.00
I'm not sure why it's taking so long.I think he's the middle man.
I just want to know if I should have him send them or get a refund.
He said he was sending some apology bulbs.
Thanks for any help,Jody

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Jody, plant them as soon as you get them.DONT FORGET TO FIRST SOAK THEM IN MIXTURE OF JAVEX/CHOLOROX FOR MINIMUM 1 HOUR. tHEN RINSE WELL in fresh water before planting. Yes, I am shouting. We do not want the !@#$ lily beetle to be spread.

Lilies are never dormant, so plant ASAP. No problem. I planted some this week. They may not bloom this year - don't know when your first frost date is - but they will grow and will bloom next year.

Great prices. Wish we had prices like that up here.
edited to add inanda.

This message was edited Jun 19, 2005 10:14 AM

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Jody, who is your supplier? Never heard of a couple of the lilies.

Maxine

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

I bought them off of e-bay Robs here the link to the store.

http://stores.ebay.com/Robyns-Gardens_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I'm so glad they will be okay.I don't know much about lilies,are the bulb sizes okay?Thanks,jody

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

JOdy, I don't know the bulb size in mm. I would have to look in one of my lily catalogs to ascertain if the size is OK.

Maxine

Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

Jody....Dave at Robyns Gardens is slow to ship BUT you will be very happy with what you get :-) !!
I have found him to be very fair and the bulbs are beautiful!
carole in atlanta

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Oh Carol,
You made my day.I've never spent that much at one time on any plants.I had a few extra bucks from selling gooseberry plants and thought I'd go for it.It's been a month today since I paid for them.He seems nice and always answered my e-mails right away.Hope he ships them to me this week.My DIL is supposed to dig for me today,But she's not here yet.They were drinking yesterday.She probably has a hang over.heehee That's what you get.Thanks for letting me know about Dave.Seems there are alot of good Dave's out there.lol.Jody

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.