Whose eggs are these?

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Found them on the back of a tomato leaf, they are yellow. There has been a white butterfly around here...
-Kim

Thumbnail by bluekat76
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

My guess is a cabbage moth laid these, they are cabbage loopers, or could also be beet armyworms, they like maters, but I don't recall what their mothe looks like...

searched on bugguide.net, and coudln't find any pictures of eggs.. then I thought, they could also be beetle eggs...

are they similar in shape to these?

http://bugguide.net/node/view/1490

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

These eggs were more rounded and quite evenly spaced and a brighter yellow. I will go to the bugguide and see what I can see!

Thanks~
Kim

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

I have been looking under stink bugs, and soldier beetles. THe way the eggs are spaced looks similar...

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Hey Tamara, I think we were looking in the wrong direction. I was thinking of the bugs I see in my garden and Iadybugs are there so I looked them up. Yep. I tried to kill ladybugs, so sad. At least I am more knowledgable now.

I was pruning the tomatoes and I tried to squish them on the leaf - some rolled off - it was a halfhearted attempt at best. Then the leaf went into the composter. I can hope some of them are munching away in my compster....

-Kim

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

I alays wondered what their eggs looked like, and where they laid them...

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Next time I will stick the leaf in a jar and see what happens - what was I thinking?!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

That was cool. thanks Charlie!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.