Indoor container veggies...

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

My neighbor is in bad health, but she wanted to grow tomatoes and cukes. I suggested container gardening. We started from seed on her glass-enclosed front porch. She has some nice seedlings going, but will it actually produce indoors? Do I have to do some hand pollinating? If so, how? I've been growing them for a few years now without problem, but never in a container and never indoors, so I am clueless. I'd hate to go through all this work, and end up with nothing. Tamara

Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

Lots of people grow tomatoes in containers. There is a tomato forum where you can read lots and get a lot of questions answered on them. Are you keeping the plants inside on the porch or putting them on outside? I have an east and south facing screened in porch where I keep my houseplants in the summer but I've never tried potted tomatoes. You've given me an idea though. I think I'll pick up a couple of buckets and some potting soil and pot up a couple of jalepeno peppers to grow out there and see how they do. :)

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

HTH

CONTAINER GARDENING INDOORS
http://www.oldhouseweb.com/gardening/garden/03900093.shtml

~* Robin☺

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

Thank you very much! I will have to hand pollinate. Hope I don't mess it up! TAmara

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.