Pit Bulls

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

I noticed today while reading the news that Denver has banned pit bulls and are impounding and euthanizing them. I've had friends who have pits, purchased from leading breeders and they have raised these dogs from puppies. They have never (one is 6 and the other 9) shown me any reason to be afraid of them. I've always believed it was mainly training that turned dogs into aggressive animals. I understand that in cases of unethical breeding etc this can of course factor into it but to put a blanket ban on the entire breed? Isn't this a little extreme? Do any of you own or breed pits? Can anyone add anything to this that will maybe fill in the blanks for me, as I said I only know a few people who own this type of dog.

Thanks for any info

Saint

This thread has 225 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!