Annuals have purple foilage-what do they need?

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

My annuals that I started from seed have purple foilage. What are the plants lacking that will make them look healthy again?

Thanks

Seedsower

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

Might be an error of packaging (different cultivar), too much sun, or cold temperature that prevents phosphorus absorption. That would be my guess.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

What kind of Annuals were they. Coleus, salvia, waffle plant and many others have purple folage, so does Mona Lavender

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

It was in the high 80's here for at least a week (normal temp should be low 70's)....these are things I've grown before and am familiar with the way they should look. Alyssum, Red Salvia, Dusty Miller, Thunbergia, Lobelia, Calendula to name a few. I did find a website that says it could be lack of nitrogen....

Anyone agree on the nitrogen theory?!

Thanks!

Sandy

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Sounds like cool temps and phosphorus uptake like zarcanat said...it should correct it'self on it's own if that's what it is. It will take a bit to do it, warmer temps won't reverse it overnight, but it's a fairly common problem.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

How about a little drink of Ironite liquid, mixed according to directions to give it any missing minerals?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.