It's a garden miracle!

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

It's alive! It's alive! hehe I had purchased 2 bareroot wisteria sinensis last fall. This spring, the buds that were there when I received the plant were not doing anything. It basically looked like I had 2 dead sticks in the ground. I gently pulled them out to inspect the roots. One had the tiniest bit of white, healthy root, but other had none. Well, desperate times calls for desperate measures. I cut them back to about 5", fertilized them, and decided to check the roots again in a couple weeks--if nothing was different, off to the compost pile they go. Well, one is dead, but the other is actually GROWING! I have 4 tiny branches. Obviously, I won't know for quite a while (years, maybe) which one survived because I had ordered 'Alba' and 'Blue Sapphire'. But it will be kind of fun waiting to see. :-) Tamara (a happy camper indeed)

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

What a wonderful discovery. Isn't it great to have such sweet surprises in the garden?

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

Yes, I was so excited...like my kids on Christmas morning! lol I had really given up hope and I had so wanted to grow wisteria because it's so pretty. :-)
Tamara

Congratulations. I can only imagine the joy you will have when you get your first blooms. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.