June is Jumping! Daily weather

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, here's a new thread for something besides Hurricanes!
It is just beautiful in Charlotte, NC today. High of 85 and Sunny!

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

It looks beautiful out the window, but it is 98 and very muggy.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

BIG cells with BIG hail and BIG multiple tornadoes in and around Amarillo (even in TOWN),a nd headed this way...

You folks have a good night, we are taking cover after supper (it's about 40 minutes away still)

Good great wonderful morning all! It's 70* here as I sit outside on a beautiful patio in Charlotte, NC. It's overcast, but not expected to really turn loose. The birds are still Raising Cane because DM isn't next door to put out their breakfast, actually the squirrels got more than the birds.
I can hear a woodpecker drilling and an owl still hooting, just the best time to be out.
I had to get some more Kilz2 at lowe's last night. Actually stopped at HD and WM first, but their Garden shops weren't worth going any further into the store. I found a 4 stalk pink holly hock with buds on it, some pale green ground cover, and proceeded to paint dept. Big mistake!
When I returned to the GC to check out, I SAW the sign. "50% off potted
trees" I ended up with 3 crepe myrtle bushes for DM's front area. They will be pretty there. I also got 2 laceleafed healthy 5' Japanese Maples for $25 ea. I hope Jaxfg wants one of them.
I also got a beautiful red fuschia.
sidney

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Another day of 85+ temps and 90% humidity. No air moving. This is supposed to change by next weekend.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

another very hot and muggy day.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Same here. Tornado watches just to the west and north of N Texas. Could really use some rain, though. Getting dry.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Please take some of our rain. The house can't take much more, and we had to swim to the van to go to church (OK, just joking, but the boys WANTED to swim)

Pleasant day, no storms, early rain.

Surely you needed that rain.. It's illegal not to.
Overcast and not raining yet.

Driving back to Jax today.

This message was edited Jun 13, 2005 9:40 AM

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Heavy rain all day yesterday from Arlene. Must have had a bad storm overnight. Power was off around 4 am when I went to the bathroom, and my neighbor says lots of trees down everywhere. He works in the n. georgia (mountains) area and says lots of areas flooded out. He went to work today (grading for new highway construction) and they were flooded out of work, at least for now.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Lo 73, dp 70, cldy. Gonna be too warm and too humid again. I don't lak this stuff!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Hot today, and sunny, maybe we can get dried out before another rash of storms. The almanac said this June would be wetter than last, which was the wettest in a LONG time.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

There is a narrow but, mean looking squall line headed this way.

ed. to say, this time there is a cold front ahead of the dry line. Lets rock 'n roll!

This message was edited Jun 13, 2005 6:33 PM

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

95 degrees and 100% humidity. Still no rain. Storms all around us. 3 inches of rain 50 miles from us.

You people in Texas sure have changable and severe weather. Bet things are never dull.

imway - at least when you rock and roll, the ground doesn't!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Well, son-of-gun! Didn't amount to a hill of beans at my house!!! Didn't even rain. A gust front and that was it. :-(

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

We don't even get a chance.

It was 74 when I got here at 3 am. Sunny and hot. Gonna help Jeremy put togeather frames and easels for his show tonight.
Might make a Coleus,gardenia,rose coursage to wear to his silent auction.
sidney

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Oh how pretty! Picture please?
Pati

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

85 @ lo 68, dp 62, mostly sunny. Much less humidity with the passing of the cold front!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

86F. Nothing too exciting.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

100 at 3. No wind. Suddenly loud thunder. Looks black to the NW. Hope springs!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Two-bits says thats the cold front that came thru here! 90, dp 65, no rain.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

91 degrees, very humid. Sustained mild breezes drying everything out. No rain for the past week.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

86 degrees, not a drop.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

My neighbor had two barrels at the ends of her roof (no gutters) 55 gallons, both FULL in just the last week! Wish I could send you some, gonna go borrow some for our new Koi...

Was 61 at 7AM, 79 at 10AM, sunny and mild today, no rain

Yes, Texas is always full of surprises, and that includes the weather!

It's 77 now and going up. It was so hot yesterday, no one could type, even us one finger typers.
I am beginning the prep for my big plant, wil till the land and amend the soil. Till it again. I so far I figure a 9' x 29', a 9' x 48' and a 5' quarter circle. I have loads of goodies and will post a thread in the Coleus forum.
I found a small hosta uprooted this morning and wondered "Who done it?"
sidney

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

83°, 69%, DP 72.....sounds pretty normal but the heat index is already 88° and climbing fast! In spite of all the rain last two weeks, I have to water the container plants daily, and some twice daily.

Sugar, be careful tilling in this heat!
Pati

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

72 low this morning. We went out and did an hours worth of cement work before it hit 75. I think I lost about 5 pounds of sweat. A water effect thing for the lily pond. I will post if it looks OK. Just a crazy idea. Two days in a row we had thunder. 7 or 8 drops of rain.

We wait, Trois, your reputation proceeds you. John, come wait with me.
sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Waiting.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Get comfy. This will take a while.

least we're not lonesome.

Drumming fingernails!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Maybe in a week.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I don't hear that drum roll.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Maybe two weeks.

Oh no, I'll check back in later. Hot outside, great inside. Got a great deal of work to do tonight. Its 91* with 51%. By 7pm, it will be just fine.
Mama used to get us up at 4:00am when DB and I were small to weed.
They are going over heat strokes on TV.
Work smart dear friends.
sidney

It's not weather, but something is jumping http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsUS/Quakes/ci14155260.htm

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Wow, I haven't had the TV on... any serious problems, Kelli?

No problems right here, but I am probably 100 miles away. At 4 maybe we'll turn on the news and see what's up to the east.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.