Arlene thread

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

Thought I'd start a new thread so it can be easier to see how everyone is fairing.

Rain and gusts here...not even bad enough to freak the dogs out...yet. We brought in some of my brugs and daturas that have buds. Should smell lovely this evening if some open up full. :-)) That is if the dogs don't pee on the pots. LOL

Ya'll be safe and hope that flooding isn't too bad.
Ginger in rainy Fountain,Florida

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Hope this one piddles out quickly!
sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Gotta link so we can track her, Ginger? :-)

John

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Winds up to about 50 miles an hour. Bay water by my house very choppy. Arbor knocked over. Some of my plants are bent or broken. Nothing serious. Just letting everything lay where it is right now until the winds calm down.

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

No I don't have a link,John.

About noon the sun was out and by around 1 it was raining again. No rain right now,but a gust here and there.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Here's a link, John. Next forecast/update is at 4 PM CDT.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Piddle out....sugar????????UGH......Am I the only one with that perverse sense of humor or is everyone trying to ignore her.???? LOLOL

Knew you would come through with a link darius....thanks..

Hap

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

She has done Piddled and headed to Erie, to dump a little more rain.
Trust all are well, and pray they are all this light!

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Shhhh, (whispering quietly) They're looking at a new low off Puerto Rico.
Pati

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Well....., they said it would be a busy year.

We now have Flash Flood Warnings up... my weather radio alarm just went off. The main river (Hiawassee River) flows along next to the highway and is jumping its banks already. Rain continues steadily so it will get worse.

The creek behind my apartment is up considerably but has high banks so it will take a lot more rain for it to flood at my location. My creek flows into the Tusquittee Creek about a mile from here, and Tusquittee Creek flows into the Hiawassee River. Then that flows over to Tennessee but not sure what river. (TN is about 125 miles west.)

How is it this morning, Darius? Just read the Hendersonville and Asheville papers on-line and there was nothing about flooding. Must be much farther west where you are.
Pati

This message was edited Jun 13, 2005 8:58 AM

Must have had a bad storm overnight. Power was off around 4 am when I went to the bathroom, and my neighbor says lots of trees down everywhere. He works in the n. georgia (mountains) area and says lots of areas flooded out. He went to work today (grading for new highway construction) and they were flooded out of work, at least for today.

BUMMER!!! I woke up this morning to sunshine....first time in two weeks. Not that it rained ALL the time, but the clouds just hung down over our heads.
Pati

Well, it is now raining again here. Rats. It must have rained a bunch overnight too because the creek is waaaay up, more than last evening. The good news is that the 10 day frecast doesn't show much rain activity.

Have you heard anymore about that low off Puerto Rico?

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I looked for it this am in our local news online and there was nothing.....Yippee..

Hap

The Weather Channel showed two they are watching this morning. One near Puerto Rico, and another southwest of Cuba, kinda near where Arlene originated. Hopefully they will dissapate soon.

I was just checking Weather Underground and they have lifted the flood watch in San Juan. Hope that means the low has moved on.

Just thought I would post this web-site to take your minds off hurricanes for awhile. They had an EARTHQUAKE in Atlanta yesterday!!!!
Pati

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

Enlarging the map shows it was between Macon and Milledgeville to the NE, 2.6 magnitude.

Looking at that map, it seems there was one about 35 miles from me, too. Also 2.6.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Why didn't my last post,post???

Anywho.....going to have words with my local news........went to work happy...now this...UGH

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.