Birthday gift to myself

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Do some of the rest of you do this also. When my friends and I were at a nursery 'Flowers To The Brim' Monday on my birhday, they had the nicest selection of pots that i have seen locally for a long time and they were all 30% off. And they had purple ones, I could not pass these up. Wished I could have afforded to buy more. I lnly bought 5 different plants, and so when i was planting them I used leftover things I had on hand. Next season i will plan ahead and hopefully grow some plants that will look as though they should be in these pretty purple pots. DonnaS

Thumbnail by rutholive
Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Here is #1 of two large sort of ugly large black containers that i had on hand so planted these two a couple of weeks ago. DonnaS

Thumbnail by rutholive
Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

This is # 2 of the pair of large black containers. They sit on my deck in front of my South facing windows. DonnaS

Thumbnail by rutholive
Inverness, FL(Zone 9a)

DonnaS - Your arrangements are so pretty one does not even notice the containers. Very nice. Ed

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Ed, thankyou for your nice compliment. Next year I hope to plant them with appropriate colors and textures. Actually I hope they will look better when the plants grow more. thanks, Donna

Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

Donna.....those purple pots..wow...very pretty unusual color! Let me know if you ever get tired of them, lol.
Actually your 'sorta ugly' black pots are beautiful :-). I think they are just perfect...nice color combos in them. My personal opinion is that when you have a nice arrangement of different kinds of plants a black pot makes a great backdrop for them. Nothing to take away from the beauty of the flowers.
happy belated birthday!
carole in atlanta

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

rutholive--the purple pots are spectacular...what treasures! So happy that you treated yourself on your birthday! You deserve it...and I love the planting of the coral bells (?) in the one on the left...

also like your black pot plantings....gives me some ideas for mine... t.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Lovely combinations!
Pati

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Thankyou all for your interest and compliments. I do love planting in pots, but do have a problem trying to be sure they get enough water. I love the purple ones and wished i could have bought 3 more that were there in a slightly different shade and squarish instead of round. I used the bags of peanuts in the bottoms to bring up to a height where I could use removable plastic pots to plant in. For the largest one i couldn't find the right size in my pot collection so doesn't look as good as it could. I am hoping the plants will fill out so the gap is not too noticable. For those i will have to use a hose or carry water to them. The ones on my deck are fitted with drippers. DonnaS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.