Advice please (without judgement lol)

Kernersville, NC(Zone 7a)

Ok, I know this isn't what most would consider an exciting find, but I found this rug at Goodwill and literally jumped with glee. Someone has attached it to a tackstrip that is not the right width and strung it on kite string (??). It is a thick rug and I want to hang it up like they did but I can't figure out how to do it. My sister suggested sewing a rod pocket on it and running a tapestry rod through it, but 1) it is so thick I dont know how I would put it on and 2) it barely fits the space in my office I had planned for it and a tapestry rod would hang over the edge like the tack strip is now (see picture)

Any ideas (other than donating it back to GW which is what dh suggests rofl) Thanks in advance:)

Rachel

ps is this the right forum for this? I didn't know if this would be home decorating or crafts and decorating

Thumbnail by butterqueen
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!