Do you know who I am?

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

This iris is unnamed in my gardens. I'm pretty sure I got it in the last 3 years since I relandscaped my yard. Might be from a coop? I don't know, but it lost it's marker and I can't figure it out. Any clues to steer me in the right direction?

I have a white unnamed too, in another post.

Any help would be appreciated. I really want to change the metal marker that now says "unknown yellow".

TIA,

Joan

Thumbnail by Joan
Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I've been researching. Could this be Radiant Apogee? That's the closest I've come to anything that matches.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

No, that's not RADIANT APOGEE. I will have RA blooming in my garden in the next day or two. I'll post a pic to my TB thread when it opens.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Thanks for the info. Back to the drawing board.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I bought a Carolina Gold in 2003. Could that be what I am?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Carolina Gold is a definite possibility. You can view a picture of it here:

www.walking-p-bar.com/shopsite/tall-bearded-ss5.html

Good luck!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Yep, I think that's what it is alright. Thanks!

And, thanks for the website. It's awesome. I don't think I'm going to be able to resist ordering some more iris. The prices are great!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I've never ordered from that website personally. They might be in the garden watchdog. I'd look them up before buying from them.

Another place that has equally good prices and that I can attest to is Snowpeak Iris and Daylilies. You can look them up at www.snowpeakiris.com. I've never been disappointed with anything I've purchased from them, their prices are great and they guarantee their plants to for the first year, so you can get a replacement if it dies or is not true to name.

Happy (iris) Hunting!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Thanks! I'm gonna go shopping tonight. :)

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Radiant Apogee is a big beauty with distinct markings.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Oh, it is a beauty. I know my yellow isn't that now anyway. Thanks.

I'm not so sure it's Carolina Gold either.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Lots of yellows out these. if you take a photo from the side, beard color & fall shape could help with identification. Height of stalks? Too many to identify unless yours has something differnt to set it out.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.