i'm getting a new home embroidery /sewing machine

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

it's inherited from my grandmother, along with a bernina serger. I pick it up in a couple weeks when I go up to michigan,

Does anybody else here have one, I don't know the model number on it, thinking of buying some embroidery thread for it, and looking at patterns for embroidering, though i'm not buying those yet till I get themachine.

can you download patterns from the internet, and save to a cd and use them on the sewing machine? anybody know? seems my mother was downloading patterns for her embroidering machine just wondeirng?

What kind of embroidery thread should I get? silk? cotton?

I am a seamstress and have a couple other machines, and a hemmer and another serger, but never had an embroider machine before, I'm so very excited about getting this, it's a dream come true, that would never come true if I didn't get it through my grandmother.

This thread has 30 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!