My small garden

Bel Air, MD(Zone 6a)

My garden is starting to grow, I have Brandywine tomatoe, Hill Billy tomatoe,squash and one pepper plant. We just took a small portion of the back yard for the garden.

Thumbnail by sgtdot
Bel Air, MD(Zone 6a)

Another view of the garden.

Thumbnail by sgtdot
Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Looks very nice..what's a hillbilly mater?

Saint

Bel Air, MD(Zone 6a)

I bought the plant from our local farmers market and the lady said she thought it came from West Virginia, she said it was red and yellow. I will post more when they grow.
I hope my brandywine does as good this year as last year.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

I want to grow Brandywine. Think I'll have it next year since I already have my seeds started for fall.

I'll have to do some lookin on the Hillbilly.

Saint

Bel Air, MD(Zone 6a)

I forgot to mention I planted cucumbers and zucchini.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

I have cukes but not zucchini..the DH won't eat that or squash so I didn't do any. Now I wish I had cause I love both. Next year he's not gonna even get a choice I'll grow everything and :P~ on him! *G*

Saint

Queen Creek, AZ(Zone 9a)

Your garden looks really cool, sgtdot. The only thing I have growing, food wise, are a couple grapes and some fruit trees.

I'm thinking if I'm going to have any tomato plants for the fall, I best git crackin. I have never started tomatoes from seed before. Again, I have no clue what I am doing. lol

My husband doesn't like zucchini either. He only likes one kind of squash. Acorn. I make it the old fashioned way like my mother used to do. Its sweet, so maybe thats why he likes it. lol

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

grapes...yummm I wish I could grow them...I'd be eating them as soon as they got ripe.

Saint

Bel Air, MD(Zone 6a)

My neighbor plants seeds and they do ok. I am anxious to see growth so I get my plants at farmers market. I cut up a potatoe and made three holes, don't know if they will grow. Just thought it would be interesting. Potatoes are not hard to grow.
When we lived in North Carolina I had a large garden and it was very successful. Had lots of blue lake beans,potatoes cuke,tomatoes, corn. Had lots to give away and still canned some.

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6b)

Awesome... any garden is a good garden... Just makes me happy to putter around in mine...

Drew

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Very nice!

How's the owl working? I guess the test will be when the tomatoes are coloring up...

Bel Air, MD(Zone 6a)

I have three owls out there. Will let you know how efffective they are.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.