My old container - cement pot.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I can't resist starting a thread with a picture featuring this cement pot. It's been a favourite as I grew up seeing this in front of our main entrance. It was fixed there in 1950. I saw another member having a pot of the same design, half way round the earth! That is what increased my curiosity, as it is no ordinary container to match designs like this one has. This pot is featured in many pictures we have taken at that spot in the past.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/513231/ This is the thread in which I saw a similar pot - my reply is also here.

This message was edited Jun 9, 2005 4:29 AM

Thumbnail by Dinu
Cleveland, GA(Zone 7a)

That is amazing - it really is a small world, isn't it? I wish I had a couple of those to put aside the entrance to my home! What a lovely family photo,

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I vaguely remember my grandfather saying that that container was lying around when he bought that house and the masons gave that idea of making a pedestal for it. There is also a square stone used in the middle of the pedestal and that forms the base, not seen in the picture. Small children get so tempted to hold the pot and climb up there. I have seen similar containers in the area police station and in another house closeby. They all must be as old as ours.

Dinu

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.