My deformed iris, two flowers from same bud

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Don't know the name on this one but it sent these doubles along the entire stalk

Thumbnail by veeja3
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

How unique!!! Tazzy will be along in a while to comment I'm sure. I wonder how often this happens. Did you purchase it, trade, or??? Just being nosey

Judy

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

I think I got it in a trade it is a beauty. here is another shot of it

Thumbnail by veeja3
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I think it is fantastic!!!

Judy

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Carol,
Very pretty and cool.lol.Jody

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Our wierd Iowa spring weather has caused similar wierd things to happen in my garden. At least yours turned out like a pretty bouquet.

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Wanda,
Maybe it's a plant conspiracy and they are dumping chemicals from airplanes.Just a thought.heehee
Well maybe I shouldn't be laughing.They do lots of things they shouldn't do and wouldn't tell us if they did.
Jody

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Naaah. Iowa weather is screwy enough without help. 75 degrees in March followed by 25 degrees in late April can cause all kinds of fun things to happen in my garden.

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Wanda,
I'm glad to here that,we've had temps running 10-15* above then 10-15* below then back to about 10* above normal also.
What happened to spring? I never had any, it was 40* then 80* then 40* then 90*.I think I had about 4 days of spring 50's-60*'s.Really a weird year.We got our first rain in 3-3 1/2 weeks last night.I still wouldn't trust the government any farther than I could pick it up and throw it.lol.Jody

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

veeja3,

You are going to treat this plant like is was a precious jewel aren't you?

Judy

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Of course, all my plants get that treatment, except for those darn daylilies that should be any color but orange and are looking lots like ditch lillies,
which is where they are going. darn dishonest traders.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Gosh veeja3, were they DG traders??

Well I love my Ditch Lillies, so let me rescue yours if it comes to that. Send them this way and I'll pay postage!!! lol lol

I have too many critters to buy expensive bedding plants for them to destroy. We have cats someone threw away, strays dogs who have come to stay and I raise English Bulldogs. One of these critters is always sneaking over to the flower bed where it's cooler and digging themselves out a bed. www.puppygal.com/house.html is a link to some of my plants from last year, most are in pots.

Judy

This message was edited Jun 10, 2005 9:15 AM

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

I will have extras if you would like them for postage, my ditch is gettin full. they were trades I got here and on garden web. At least I know my end of the trade was good. But I may have traded some away believing they were what they were marked. so I must make up for those trades.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Oooh not nice of those traders....

Sure before you toss, send me an email.

Judy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.